Job title: Director, Accounting Operations
Location: Woburn, MA
Director, Accounting Operations Job Details:
To continue supporting our rapid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Director of Accounting Operations to join our growing organization. The Director of Accounting Operations is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will manage a team of accounting professionals and oversee a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, payroll, financial reporting, year-end close, tax and audit preparation, and support for budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning activities. This role will be instrumental in providing internal financial accounting guidance and you will partner with cross functional leaders, including external partners.
This position is based in our Woburn office and welcomes hybrid work! Local candidates are expected to be on-site 2 days per week.
How You Will Contribute
As Director of Accounting Operations, you will provide internal financial guidance to business partners and work closely with cross-functional leaders and external partners to ensure the company’s financial operations are aligned with our mission and values. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external. You will seek to build a dynamic accounting team and foster a culture of financial responsibility and accountability across the organization empowering our employees to act like owners.
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system (Oracle or SAP) to support the company’s commercial objectives.
- Partner with the Vice President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer to determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions as the company works towards a commercial product launch.
- Review all documentation and contracts in order to develop new controls around commercial operations and improve existing internal controls.
- Lead the quarterly financial reporting process including drafting and reviewing SEC documents, ensuring quality, and administering strict timelines.
- Manage transaction accounting, SOX, the closing process, and other financial controls.
- Oversee the general ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage a team of employees and oversee all functions within the accounting department, including payroll, revenue accounting, SEC reporting, cost accounting, tax, and accounts receivable
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous public company experience in a company with commercial operations
- Understanding of commercial operations from order-to-cash
- Understanding of cost accounting
- Experience navigating through complex technical accounting research
- Strong proficiency with ERP software
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting and CPA license
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in accounting with demonstrated experience in a public company setting
- SEC reporting experience
- Proficiency with US GAAP
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting systems and developing reporting and analytics capabilities
- Experience establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology preferred
- Demonstrated customer service focus – understanding of customer needs and desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively. Capacity to provide solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful completion
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage complexity and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- This position is based in our Woburn office and welcomes hybrid work! Local candidates are expected to be on-site 2 days per week.
Replimune is an equal opportunity employer.
Replimune now requires COVID vaccination disclosure for all US employees.
Apply for the job now!