Job Position: Cybersecurity Consultant
Location: Sydney, NSW
Cybersecurity Consultant Job Details:
BDO is a member of BDO International Pty Ltd, a worldwide network of public accounting firms. Our global organisation extends across 164 countries and territories, with 95,414 people working out of 1,713 offices all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service.
People helping people achieve their dreams – it is our mission. It is why we exist as a firm, and it is why we are growing our Consulting team – helping our clients achieve their goals.
When it comes to our people, we believe in helping them achieve their dreams, build their passions, and grow their competitive edge. From our expansive client base to our growing talent pool, our people are the core of BDO.
Learn more about BDO.
Our Sydney team provides core cyber services in the areas of governance, risk and compliance, as well as business continuity planning, policy and procedure uplifts, incident response planning and testing and technology risk review. Due to the ongoing growth within our group, we’re looking for an experienced Analyst to join our Cyber Security team in Sydney.
This role will join our Cyber Security Global Network (CSGN) of over 2000 specialists worldwide. They will leverage our good practice Cyber Resilience Framework, our relentless industry focus, and local capability to help deliver exceptional cyber security advisory services to our clients. This combination of capabilities allows us to be relevant to our clients, regardless of their progress along the path to cyber security preparedness, or the scale or complexity of their operations.
We seek an experienced professional with consulting experience, who has the ability to independently deliver smaller cyber security client projects; and to work as part of larger teams to deliver cyber security client engagements.
The key Information Security frameworks we audit/assess:
- ISO 27001
- APRA CPS 234
- NIST CSF
- Essential 8
- NSW CSP
- PCI DSS
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the leadership team to provide a range of cyber-related advice and services for clients
- Supporting Partners with business development and drafting proposals and engagement letters
- Assisting the team to deliver complex cyber services and finalise assignments at a high level for Partner sign-off
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements across the team
What you’ll need to succeed
- Prior experience in a similar role ideally gained in a Consulting firm
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consistency in quality of written deliverables
- Be active within the cyber security industry to stay on-top of latest industry trends.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- BDO Rise Program – to support your career development, including study support for related qualifications
- Professional membership/subscriptions funded by BDO
- Domestic & International secondment opportunities
- Leave benefits including paid community care/volunteering leave, cultural/religious leave, university graduation leave and the option to purchase additional leave
- Various health & wellbeing initiatives
- $250 home office allowance paid upon commencement
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and biscuits supplied in the office daily
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
For immediate consideration please click Apply or for further information please contact Maria Aniceto on [email protected].
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
Our offices are closed for the holiday season from the 25th December 2023 – 5th January 2024. We look forward to reviewing your application upon our return on Monday, 8th January. BDO wishes you a safe and enjoyable holiday season.