Job Position: Horticulture Teacher – Beechworth Correctional Centre
Company: Box Hill Institute
Location: Beechworth, VIC
Horticulture Teacher – Beechworth Correctional Centre Job Details:
- Located within our educational office; on site at Beechworth Correctional Centre
- Casual opportunity available- 3 hours per week
- Attractive hourly rate
About the role:
A unique and rewarding opportunity to teach Horticulture at Beechworth Correctional Centre!
This opportunity is a casual role onsite for 3 hours per week!
This role forms part of a highly rewarding project where Box Hill Institute, in partnership with Corrections Victoria, provide prisoners the opportunity to complete Nationally Recognised Training courses to achieve qualifications and improve their confidence, life skills and increase employability once released from prison.
Within this role you will be using your industry knowledge and experience to participate in the delivery and development of high quality, innovative and engaging learner resources and assessments. You will be creating a safe and supportive learning environment for all students and staff and adapt teaching materials and delivery to maximise the opportunities for training available within the prison sites.
Note: This role is located within a prison environment and teachers will be alone with student groups made up of prisoners. You will be employed by Box Hill Institute however working onsite at the Beechworth Correctional Centre, Victoria.
- Qualification and/or experience in Horticulture or related field
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Teaching/training experience or ability to share knowledge and industry experience
- Ability to undertake relevant administrative tasks including student enrolment and assessment reporting
- Energetic, innovative and resilient with demonstrable capacity to balance competing priorities and thrive in a consistently changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact with students, staff and other key stakeholders of diverse cultures, backgrounds and abilities, including effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level awareness of, and responsiveness to, people from a broad range of diverse backgrounds and emotional contexts
We are proud to be a leading education provider with a strong reputation for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
Our organisation comprises of Box Hill Institute (Box Hill & Lilydale locations) and Centre for Adult Education (Melbourne CBD) as well as partnerships across various correctional and defence sites in Victoria.
Partnering with Corrections Victoria, our professional site managers, teaching and administration staff are located on site where all education programs are delivered within the prisons where we offer vocational education and training programs across eight prisons within metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
We are committed to a highly motivated and aligned workforce, so we’ll be by your side to enable you, help you grow, and offer you benefits which enhance your work life balance.
Box Hill Institute is a welcoming, safe and respectful work environment. We are work-life friendly and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career progression opportunities and reward & recognition programs
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Access to health & wellbeing resources
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Access to libraries offering ebooks, films, novels, childrens books and so much more
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family as well as discounted access to our floristry, beauticians, restaurant, Vet & dog grooming
- Purchased Leave
If you have questions about this role, please contact Damian Watson via email at [email protected]
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Candidates for employment at Box Hill Institute will be subject to pre-employment probity checks, and must satisfy Box Hill Institute’s pre-conditions for employment. These include providing a satisfactory (valid employee) Working With Children Check and National Police Check.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Horticulture Teacher – Beechworth Correctional Centre Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Horticulture Teacher – Beechworth Correctional Centre Vacancies in Australia.