Job Position: Cooks
Company: HQ Migration Solutions
Location: Perth, WA – Subiaco, WA
Cooks Job Details:
The Subiaco Hotel is looking for Cooks to work with our kitchen team and report to or assist the Chef.
Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrate understanding of food preparation and production in the kitchen department, whilst taking direction from the Chef to ensure smooth operation of all kitchen duties.
- Ensures the consistency of all menu items regardless of time of day or period of service
- Day to day effective involvement in food operations
- Liaising with Chefs and kitchen team to ensure smooth delivery of food to guests
- Operation of kitchen equipment to achieve required results for ala carte and function service
- Work with the Chef to advance and improve current food operations
- Has understanding of stock control and works together with the kitchen team to minimize wastage
Venue Security & Compliance
- Understanding of venue access and security of food stock
- Maintenance of alarm codes, venue keys and other access requests
- Compliance and understanding of food safety policy and procedures (HACCP)
- Responsible for regular safety meetings with heads of departments present providing a forum for risks and hazards to be addressed and documented
- Follows kitchen systems, policies, and procedures on shift
- Presenting oneself in accordance with the venue’s dress standards
- Responding to the requests to perform other tasks from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the venue’s operations
- Maintaining service standards particularly during peak periods
- Maintain a ‘Can-do’ attitude in the face of adversity
- Performance reviews with be part of your commitment to the position, regular scheduled and unscheduled check-ins
Qualifications & Requirements
- All applicants must have at least 2 years of experience
- Additional experience is required where the applicant does not have enough or a relevant formal qualification
- All relevant experience will be considered for the Cook role
- A positive, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude
- The ability to excel under pressure in a high-volume environment with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship skills
- Attention to detail with a focus consistency
- We ask that you are open and honest in all dealings to the advantage of both you and the business
The Annual Salary range is from $63,000 to $76,000 commensurate to qualifications, skills, & experience.
About the Company
The Subiaco Hotel is a historic hotel and one of Perth’s most iconic pubs with a 100-year history of service food and drinks to locals.
Apply now! We hope to identify your key areas of growth. You can expect opportunities for training and pathways for promotion within the business.