Job title: Compliance Specialist 3
Location: Schenectady, NY
Compliance Specialist 3 Job Details:
Category Affordable Housing
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Properties
We’re looking for an adaptable, efficient, and reliable Compliance Specialist 3 with experience in Affordable housing and Low Income Housing Tax Credits to join our team at DePaul!
The Compliance Specialist 3 will provide technical support to on site property management, and program staff in complying with all applicable affordable housing regulatory requirements. This entails assistance in performing application interviews, preparing, and calculating certification files, and conducting periodic internal file audits. This role will be responsible for preparing written summaries and corrections for all investor and state agency findings of non-compliance. Maintains and utilizes specified forms and software as required. Travel is required to properties with use of personal vehicle (Mileage Reimbursement available). Flexible hybrid position to include 4 days onsite and 1 day remote.
DePaul Properties, Inc. develops and operates affordable housing throughout New York State through the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. Our affordable housing communities provide permanent housing solutions for low-income individuals and families. Additionally, DePaul provides service enriched housing funded through the Office of Mental Health and Empire State Supportive Housing Initiatives.
Why work for DePaul?
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Supportive work environment
- We value diversity
- Opportunity for professional development and career advancement
- Excellent benefits and competitive wages
If you are interested in building positive partnerships in a rewarding field, please apply!
- Ensure compliance with program regulatory requirements (e.g., LIHTC, Section 8, HOME, and other programs), and Fair Housing Standards.
- Work collaboratively with property management, as well as internal and external agency service providers.
- Maintain occupancy and program compliance by processing tenant income certifications by following DePaul policy and procedure as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- Perform in-house audits as needed and document findings to escalate to department director.
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and owner certifications to various state and local agencies, as well as financing partners and other institutions as needed.
- Provide shadowing and peer mentoring to peers on financial certifications and leasing efforts, recertification efforts, agency and investor reporting requirements, tenant and applicant communications, waitlist management, remarketing, and other related tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Act as a technology change leader evaluating, testing, and implementing new releases and program enhancements available in Yardi.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a caring and positive attitude toward all prospects and residents.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on all fair housing regulations as well as updates and changes to tenant landlord law.
- Attend all recommended/mandated training or certification courses to stay current with compliance funding source regulations and fair housing laws.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents, and staff.
- Perform any other duties for the effective operation of the program.
Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma / GED
Minimum of 3 years of experience in affordable housing, especially HUD or Tax Credit programs. LIHTC Certification not required but must be obtained in the first year of employment. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Yardi Housing Software a plus. Experience working with individuals with psychiatric disabilities is a plus. Excellent communication with all levels of staff, co-workers, management, ownership and vendors, bilingual a plus. Must complete pre-employment background check.
OTHER: *In addition to the above criteria, this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul’s personnel policy.
This position is eligible for the following benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B Employer Match, Employee Discount Programs, Free Parking and Staff Recognition Programs.
Apply for the job now!