Job title: Chef & Beverage Manager
Company: Hersha Hospitality Management
Expected salary: $70000 – 75000 per year
Location: Jamaica, Queens, NY
Chef & Beverage Manager Job Details:
Opportunity: Chef & Bev Manager
Effectively lead and manage the staff and operations of the food and beverage department, ensuring the delivery of superior food and beverage menu items and services that will provide guests with a memorable experience. Take ownerships of the financial aspects of operations pertaining to the role, while creating a work environment consistent with our values.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Director
Compensation: $70-75k / year
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in food and beverage outlet, ensuring food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared according to recipe and to guest specifications.
- Ensure the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.
- Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure the appearance of facilities is appealing and attractive to guests.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers with high level of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Participate in marketing efforts of the restaurants as directed.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Document inventory, forecast usage and monitor supply so restaurants are adequately stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, in order to provide service.
- Abide by all regulations and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Prior management experience in similar restaurant required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working varies shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires ability to navigate throughout the restaurant and kitchen, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests and associates verbally and in writing.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Access to Daily Pay
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location,
Apply for the job now!