Job Position: Casual Cook – Residential Aged Care
Company: Royal Freemasons
Location: Footscray, VIC
Casual Cook – Residential Aged Care Job Details:
- Cook – preferred speciality in Asian Cuisine
- Not-for-Profit provider of Aged Care Services
- Future career opportunities, growing organisation
About the Position
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Cook to work in a team of hospitality professionals. At Royal Freemasons our residents look forward to nutritious and delicious meals designed and cooked by our chefs and enjoy a warm and welcoming dining experience.
The Cook reports to the Chef Manager and will ensure the highest levels of service in food preparation, hygiene, kitchen services and hospitality standards are met. It is really important that you have a warm and hospitable personality and can relate to older people and deliver a wonderful customer service experience.
You will be required to support the production team which includes, Hospitality Assistants and Kitchen Hands.
The successful candidate requires a multi-skilled can do approach, who likes variety in their day to day work environment. You will be professionally presented, highly organised and self-motivated, someone who can manage their time, be flexible with their workloads and is customer focused. You will have strong written and oral communication, be passionate about food preparation and presentation and able to lead the kitchen team at times.
- Previous experience within an Aged Care or Health environment is desirable (6 months)
- Trade certificate or Diploma in Cookery
- Ability to support and work within a team environment
- Ability to complete tasks by using time management skills
- Customer service with focus to all clients and employees with whom you interact
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards, and how it relates to your role
- Knowledge of dementia in an aged care sitting
- Knowledge of IDDSI standards
NDIS Worker Screening Check (includes Australian Federal Police Check)
Royal Freemasons is a NDIS-approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees, contractors, labour hire and volunteers must complete an NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement as well as an International Police Check if you have lived overseas for 12 months or more within the last 10 years.
All aged care workers must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and encouraged to receive the flu vaccine. All successful applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.
Royal Freemasons is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is safe and without risks to health. This includes a smoke free workplace and influenza vaccine program.
Recruitment Agencies are requested to kindly NOT contact us