Job title: Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Spring House, PA
Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology Job Details:
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology to join our cellular and metabolic engineering efforts for next generation production cell lines. This individual will be a member of the Cell Engineering and Analytical Sciences (CEAS) group and be an integral part of next generation technology development for biologics production cell lines. You will assist in the planning and execution of experiments to enable crossing barriers of current protein expression systems. This role will specifically explore cellular pathways to increase quantity and quality of biotherapeutic proteins. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the cutting edge of the biopharma industry while being exposed to a multitude of specialty scientists to gain holistic experience in the drug discovery and development space.
- Assist in map design and implement biosynthetic pathways using state of the art genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and proteomics, as well as gene editing technologies for generating high titer manufacturing cell lines.
- Work closely with our teams at Janssen to design and integrate technologies to engineer mammalian and potentially microbial cell lines for secreting complex proteins.
- Utilize experience with cell and molecular biology techniques, such as nucleic acid manipulation, Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR), Western blotting, gene editing technologies, pathway characterization and engineering for production of high-quality production cell lines for complex biologics.
- Learn new techniques and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Utilize high content molecular data analysis tools.
- Support experimental design, data analysis, troubleshooting, contributing to project teams, and maintaining detailed records.
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings/conferences.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific discipline is required. * A minimum of 1 year of relevant research experience in cell engineering, analysis of cell culture process, protein expression, and/or metabolism data within the pharmaceutical industry or academia is required.
- Practical knowledge in genomics, molecular biology, CRISPR gene editing for knockout and knock-in to modulate gene expression, clinical tools and databases preferred.
- General business acumen in life sciences industry and markets is preferred.
- Wet lab experience in manipulating mammalian cell cultures is preferred.
- Understanding of mammalian cell culture, protein expression, and analysis is required.
- Must have excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be highly creative, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and to collaborate with different functional groups and people at multiple levels is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply for the job now!