Job title: Associate Director, Advanced Technologies, Skin Biology
Company: Estée Lauder
Expected salary: $159000 per year
Location: Melville, NY
Associate Director, Advanced Technologies, Skin Biology Job Details:
This is an advanced position working in Bioscience to develop innovative platforms and technologies, and work with a team of scientists as well as support brand requests.
Expert in biology that can work independently and in teams.
Experience in research is a must.
Leads the technical project/program, ensuring it meets the projects’ needs and timeline
Identifies project challenges, assess them and address them with solutions
Responsible for establishing and applying various biological techniques for research purposes and testing
Connects with the appropriate subfunctions to advance the project and deliver on time
Help manage internal and/or external resources to support the investigations and scientific experiments to test new technologies.
Communicate efficiently with different teams and functions, even to non-scientific partners
1. lead the team and conduct research, develop technologies to fuel innovation pipeline for the brands. Data analysis and conclusion summary for project progress. 50%
2. Problem solving and establishing plan for implementing solutions. 10%
3. connects with appropriate subfunction to report results and define next steps 20%
4. build scientific credentialing with the different teams, write scientific publications and present to scientific conferences as well as communicate to non-scientific audience 20%
Ph.D. in Biology or Biology-related fields
5-7 years experience
· Strong research skills and experience in research
· Ability to research and develop new scientific platforms, measurement science, methodology and techniques, troubleshooting and solving problems
· Must be able to manage teams and scientists, multiple projects simultaneously, drive delivery of results in a timely fashion and be able to organize/manage time according to deadlines
· Experience in biological assays in molecular biology and biochemistry
· Must have excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal), including the ability to write scientific publications, scientific reports and to present at scientific conferences
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $96,500to $159,000. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 226675
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].
Apply for the job now!