Job title: Animal Care Coordinator
Company: Lowell Rd Veterinary Center
Location: Hudson, NH
Animal Care Coordinator Job Details:
Lowell Road Veterinary Center is a state of the art, multi-doctor veterinary hospital that offers personal, progressive, and comprehensive animal care to dogs, cats, and pocket pets in the Hudson, New Hampshire. We understand all the different ways your pet communicates love and trust. Our hospital offers many services including annual wellness care, anesthesia and sedation, dentistry, internal medicine, laser therapy, in-house pharmacy, surgery, urgent/immediate care, rehabilitation services, and acupuncture. We are ready with a positive, experienced support staff and excellent clientele and well equipped with ultrasound, underwater treadmill therapy, massage therapy, digital radiography, dental x-ray, and a complete in-house laboratory. We also have our sister hospital 25 minutes down the road in Bedford, New Hampshire, Bedford Veterinary Medical Center.
We are located in beautiful southern, New Hampshire! Our veterinary hospital is located on 288 Lowell Road in Hudson, just south of Manchester and next to Nashua. Tax-free New Hampshire is a fantastic place to live and offers beaches, mountains and city life, all within a short driving distance from our location! It is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and is an excellent place to live and/or raise a family!
To learn more about us, click
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Our Animal Care Coordinator is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating, and cleaning of our patients in the daycare and boarding facility. This job involves dog daycare playtime, cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, monitoring dog behavior, and medicating. You may be tasked with restocking hospital supplies and assisting doctors and assistants with needed tasks. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of daycare registrations and reservations, medications administered, special diets, appetite, behavior, and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care.
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Experience in canine body language.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to attend to sick, scared and injured animals sympathetically and patiently.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Competitive pay, based on experience
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
Apply for the job now!