Job title: Corinth Reman Engine Assembly IV (2nd shift)
Location: Corinth, MS
Corinth Reman Engine Assembly IV (2nd shift) Job Details:
Career Area: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business – and promotes sustainability. It’s important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for an Assembly IV position located in the Corinth, MS facility . This position will include high complexity, scope of work, and variation engine assembly operations, engine testing and diagnostics, and cylinder head repair operations.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused team environment to perform various assembly and test processes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to contamination control guidelines
- Will require print reading skills and quality checks, as defined by standard work.
- Will use hand tools, power tools, gages, hoists, presses, torque tools, and other tools as necessary.
- Will be required to follow production schedules
- May be required to utilize various computer systems including MES, BIQ, Pinpoint, Epix, ITest and Cat ET.
- May be required to assemble complex components with large scope of work and high variation, use gages/instructions to set valve/gear lash, operate an engine test cell and perform initial diagnostics and adjustments.
- May require utilizing overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jack to move parts in and out of area.
- All operators will adhere to Built in Safety guidelines.
- Operator will be required to complete Caterpillar Basic Assembly Training.
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Operator is expected to cross train in other areas of operations to provide flexibility.
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision.
- Cross training in other positions within Salary Grade 6 may be required based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met. Those position could include: Assembly 1, 2, 3; Cleaning 1, 2, 3, 4; Disassembly 1, 2; Machining 1, 2, 3, 4; Logistics 1, 2, 3; and Quality 1, 2
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents.
- 3 years of engine/engine component assembly or engine mechanic experience
- Print reading experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Knowledge/understanding of diesel engine systems and operation
- ASE or Diesel engine program certification or degree
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast-paced operation.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 25 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift.
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $21.69 (pay negotiations based on skills/experience)
This position is 2nd shift with an additional 7% night shift premium
Work Hours: 3PM – 1AM: Monday – Thursda
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug & Alcohol Screening (Applicants are hereby advised that the Company has implemented a drug and alcohol policy and conducts a testing program, pursuant to Sections 71-7-1, et al., of the Mississippi Code of 1972, Ann. (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), and you are hereby advised of the existence of said Act.)
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire – clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign into your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
Apply for the job now!