Job Position: Warehouse Manager
Location: Western Australia
Warehouse Manager Job Details:
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
The Warehouse Manager provides the delivery of leadership, technical knowledge and operational experience to achieve safety performance, cost control and operational efficiencies.
You will bring your well-developed relationship management, problem resolution, and delivery management skills to support a wide range of activities. You will use these skills to provide a safe and efficient movement of cargo in and out of warehouse and containers. You will collaborate with a range of stakeholders across the network to ensure we meet our commitments to our customers and any events and issues are adequately managed.
What will your role at Qube look like?
- Supervise all employee on allocated shift including manage and oversee any/all labour hire staff
- Manage Warehouse labour resources in the export, imports and warehousing functions to match workload requirements. Co-ordinate and prepare each shifts workload
- Ensure safety standards are met
- Work with management to reduce and manage shift costs
- Manage the efficient ordering of stock of packing materials at competitive prices
- Ensure adequate stock control programs are in place
- Ensure packing & all warehouse procedures meet all government statutory and international requirements (AMSA, AQIS, ACS, IMO)
- Prepare, implement and update for constant improvement of Warehouse systems and protocols
- Operating in a safe manner at all times, promptly and accurately reporting of incidents and hazards as per company policy
- Oversee accuracy of packing/unpacking manifests and other administrative duties and staff as assigned
- Ensure customer cargo damage are processed expediently and communicate with relevant parties
- Review costing and invoicing procedures
- Report on agreed KPIs as required
- Working diligently within a team environment to achieve targets and results in a positive manner at all times
- Working closely with Site and State Management to achieve optimum outcomes for the Depot and business as a whole
What can you bring to Qube?
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills
- Proven business acumen
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, natural leader and constant motivator
- Computer literate with developed MS Suite skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems
Your qualifications and experience
- Extensive management experience
- IT savvy with ability to operate internal systems
- Proven track record managing warehousing operations
- Sound experience managing a team at all levels
- Demonstrated experience within inventory management
- Current sound working knowledge of AQIS/ACS/AMAS regulations
- Understanding of relevant State Government and International Dangerous Goods Handling Legislation
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia then please click on the “Apply” button below and complete our online application form.
Advertised: 08 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time