Job title: Therapeutic Horticulture Program Coordinator
Company: Glade Run Lutheran Services
Location: Zelienople, PA
Therapeutic Horticulture Program Coordinator Job Details:
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agriculture, education, rehabilitation, human services, therapeutic recreation, environment studies or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions.
- Mobility and physical strength to perform all tasks of the Horticulture Program inclusive of watering plants, carrying soil, pots, and plants, digging, bending, staking, etc.
- Must have audio / visual / verbal acuity to provide supervision for the clients and to perform essential job functions.
- Must have physical dexterity in order to assist in client physical interventions when necessary.
- Must complete and pass agency Crisis / Physical Intervention Training.
EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: * Must have emotional stability to perform essential job functions.
- Must display emotional intelligence.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: * Ability to relate to staff and clients in a manner that conveys respect and protects the dignity of all served by the Program.
- Ability to function effectively in a crisis situation as measured by the care delivered to clients, staff, animals, plants and environment during unexpected events.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have access to a telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to change.
- Must be able to adjust hours to job requirements.
- Must possess and demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible for PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse History clearance and FBI clearances.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to ask questions if uncertain about specific job tasks or changes.
- Must be able to identify with the Agency’s Mission Statement and implement and support the Agency’s Core Values.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills in the development of programming and special events.
- Document and evaluate performance of the program areas and create requested/required reports as identified.
- May be assigned to public speaking and presentations supporting the Agency and assigned Program areas.
- Participate and provide input in the creation of programmatic strategic plans and business plans.
- Promote all Adventures program to the community through all seasons.
- As assigned, work collaboratively to ensure the integration of treatment and education goals for clients and students via the Therapeutic Horticulture Programs.
- Coordinate the Therapeutic Horticulture schedules (including staffing and programming).
- Work with staff of the Resource Development/Public Relations office to plan and implement events to benefit the assigned program areas.
- Work with staff to develop program opportunities for all department areas.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills in supervision of interns and/or volunteers.
- Train, retain and schedule volunteers to support assigned Program areas.
- Maintain communication with volunteers and assist with organization of volunteer appreciation events.
- Submit volunteer records and document volunteer service.
- Provide direction and supervision of volunteers assigned to the Therapeutic Horticulture Program.
- Oversee and direct supervised staff to maintain Agency Policies/Procedures and training expectations.
- Demonstrate skills related to time management and productivity of staff supervised.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills in budgetary management.
- Oversee the utilization and procurement of program materials, supplies, equipment and facilities of the Therapeutic Horticulture Program
- Available and accessible to oversee care and treatment of greenhouse maintenance during times when the programming is not in operation.
- Participate in the creation of grant proposals to support the programs.
- Work collaboratively with other Glade Run departments for mutual benefit.
KNOWLEDGE AREAS: * Working knowledge and demonstration of horticultural skills with an emphasis on the instruction of therapeutic horticulture programming.
- Working knowledge of greenhouse management.
- General working knowledge of and ability to adjust to Agency population, diagnosis, characteristics, behavior.
Zelienople, Pennsylvania, United States
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 5,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings. Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for the job now!