Job Position: Temporary Packaging Operator
Expected salary: $27.5 per hour
Location: Edmonton, AB
Temporary Packaging Operator Job Details:
The packaging operator will work on a diverse number of automated and semi-automated packaging lines. Operation of packaging machinery, such as ammonia cooled scraped surface heat exchangers, fillers, formers, closers, labelers and case packers. Other tasks may include manual palletizing.
The hourly rate for the role is $27.50
- Comply with company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout Procedures, GHS
- Prepare, start and observe operation of machine to detect any malfunctions
- Perform adjustments to machinery to ensure the finished product meets or exceeds quality and safety specifications
- Perform operational and sanitation checks
- Follow HACCP and SQF Procedures. Complete all processing forms and records as required by the food safety and quality manuals
- Responsible for communicating all food safety and quality concerns to Management
- Other duties, responsibilities and assignments as required by the Supervisor or management.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area according to established corporate policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Two to three years’ experience as a machine operator/operating food processing machinery or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment
- Strong sense of logic and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Walking, lifting, climbing stairs, and carrying heavy objects that weigh up to 20kg, reaching with hands and arms
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled