Job Position: Supervisor – Electrical (Mine Projects)
Company: OZ Minerals
Location: South Australia
Supervisor – Electrical (Mine Projects) Job Details:
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Carrapateena is a large-scale, world class modern mine operated by world class people. This exciting role is now available, and we want the very best of the best on deck to lead the team and collectively deliver exceptional results.
At Carrapateena, we believe our greatest asset is our people and we are working hard to provide a wonderful mix of age, cultural and geographical backgrounds to further enrich our inclusive workplace culture. We truly value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration, we are here to unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career to go beyond what is possible.
Location: Carrapateena, South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide / 30-minute flight from Port Augusta)
Roster: 8 days on; 6 days off, and working underground
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
How You Will Create Impact:
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for;
- Supporting the implementation of UG Infrastructure and Operational Technology projects.
- Management of Electrical crew, ensuring that they are supervised and operating in accordance with site safety standards.
- Ensuring electrical equipment or installations in their area of responsibility are installed and tested in accordance with legislation and standards as well as codes of practice, guidelines, industry agreements and company standards
- Ensuring appropriate controls are applied to all hazards and critical risks present in each work area through workplace inspections and critical risk verifications.
- Effective daily and weekly planning and coordination of multiple teams to execute various projects and deliver on schedule milestones.
- Scoping of new projects and, where required, procurement of infrastructure and consumables
What we value:
You will bring with you:
- C Class Drivers Licence (Manual).
- South Australian Electrical Licence.
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with an electrical trade background within a heavy industrial, mining resources or minerals processing environment.
- Experience in design and installation of LV electrical reticulation.
- Authorisation to sign-off on Certificates of Compliance and other technical documents such as as-built drawings.
- Good understanding of interactions between mining and other site functions such as projects, construction, maintenance and processing.
- Ability to assess risks and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proven ability to plan and coordinate the activities of multiple teams.
- Adherence to mining laws and safety regulations, and ability to issue directives to workers to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations.
- Good communication skills and ability to report on daily and weekly compliance to schedule.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce:
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at .
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life.
We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what’s possible to make lives better.
What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique.
We know everyone’s best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference.
For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic!
We are an inclusive workplace and encourage applications from indigenous people and women. Once you have joined us, we are different than we were before, and better because of what you bring.
If you think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Applications close: 25 February 2024