Job Position: Summer Student – Process Engineer- Chemical Engineering
Company: Irving Oil
Location: Saint John, NB
Summer Student – Process Engineer- Chemical Engineering Job Details:
As a Process Engineering Student with our Engineering Services team, you will work with a dynamic and cross functional group to support capital project development activities at our Saint John Refinery and Canadian terminals. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to multi-disciplinary project development and project scopes.
In this role, you will apply engineering practices and principles to investigate and study business opportunities, develop major scope for capital improvement and expense projects, gain experience in moving from business concepts to actual technology applications and obtain knowledge and understanding of our operations.
What We Offer:
- Work Environment – Work in our beautiful home office building with access to a fitness facility, onsite nurse, and a café
- Hybrid Work Model – Allows for a blend of in-office and work-from-home days
- Competitive Compensation – Including a parking allowance
- Wellness Support – With 24/7 access to our Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunity to give back to some amazing causes in our community – Choose when and where to make an impact with a paid volunteer day, company volunteer opportunities, and a donation matching program
- Safety as-a-way-of-life mindset
- Strong verbal and effective communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using AspenHYSYS and other process software is an asset
- Experience with PFD / P&ID development, hydraulic analysis and equipment sizing, preparation of equipment/instrument datasheets, etc.
- Currently enrolled in Chemical Engineering completing 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
Irving Oil is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thrive on the good energy that’s created when our people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and experiences share their unique perspectives. Diversity is key to our success and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
In a world increasingly engaged in taking action on global issues of climate change, social justice and good corporate governance, our organization has an important role to play. We are committed to being part of the solution, in providing the safe and reliable energy that people need, while taking concrete steps to evolve our business for the future – for our people, our customers and our communities, today and tomorrow.
Please take a look at our to learn more about our commitment to our communities, and our planet.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Summer Student – Process Engineer- Chemical Engineering Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Summer Student – Process Engineer- Chemical Engineering Vacancies in Canada.