Job Position: Social Worker
Company: Alfred Health
Location: Caulfield, VIC
Social Worker Job Details:
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Part-Time, 64 hours per fortnight
- Grade 2 Social Worker (SC21-SC24)
- Caulfield Community Health Service- Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
Department- Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS)
The Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) provides a range of clinical and health promotion services for people of all ages who live, work or study within the local community. These multi-disciplinary services are provided in the centre, community, home or via Telehealth. CCHS operates from the Caulfield Hospital site.
CCHS is seeking an experienced social worker with a passion for community-based clinical practice. You will be responsible for the provision of advanced Social Work services including: counselling, interim case management and casework services for clients of CCHS incorporating community-based psychosocial assessments, individual and group work, advocacy, and outreach. You will be required to see clients from a broad range of diagnostic groups and the role sits within the multi-disciplinary Adult Health Team. You will be an integral member of the team who will work collaboratively to ensure the needs of clients and carers are addressed. In the role you will:
- Deliver high quality counselling/casework & interim case management services for adult clients in the CCHS catchment area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the psychosocial issues for clients engaging with the adult health team.
- Have an understanding of issues affecting clients experiencing Family Violence and a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to these issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience in navigating pathways within the health care system in order to help facilitate appropriate care and advocate for clients with complex care needs (e.g. My Aged Care, NDIS, Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages, VCAT)
- Liaise with relevant agencies to coordinate, facilitate and communicate client treatment and outcomes.
- Work as part of the CCHS Social Work team to triage referrals, and ensure that Social Work demand is met across the broader service. This may include the provision of Social work services to clients in other CCHS teams.
- Plan and manage own workload to ensure adequate time for the achievement of primary objectives of the position.
- Participate in the formulation of an individual Performance and Development Plan as part of ongoing professional supervision and performance management.
- Contribute to the CCHS quality improvement plan, particularly to ensure client centred care and improved service delivery.
- Actively participate in activities to promote and market the CCHS SW service.
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Schools in conjunction with Alfred Health Social Work Services to provide teaching and training programs to Students within CCHS.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Tertiary qualification in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
2. Demonstrated social work experience relevant to the community health sector
3. At least 3 years post qualifying experience
4. Capacity to work independently and autonomously, and yet facilitate a collaborative culture
5. Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive and holistic services
6. Understanding of, and alignment with, the Alfred Health core attributes
7. Excellent communication skills, collaboration and problem-solving skills
8. Well-developed computer skills
9. Current Victorian driver’s licence
1. Post Graduate qualification in Counselling
2. Experience in working within the primary health care sector
3. Experience conducting assessment and treatment via telehealth modalities
- Salary packaging and novated leasing are available via Maxxia
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Opportunities for professional development
- Discounted health insurance
To submit an application for the Grade 2 Social Work position, please provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kieran McGregor, Team Leader/Social Worker 9076-6666
Applications close 11pm Sunday 11th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.