Job Position: Social Service Worker, CYW, DSW
Location: Orangeville, ON
Social Service Worker, CYW, DSW Job Details:
Our client is seeking Social Service Workers who are passionate about delivering exceptional care to others in our community.
You will provide support to children, youth and adults in community settings in Peel, Halton, Simcoe and the GTA. As shifts become available, you can choose the shifts that fit into your schedule. These are casual positions and regular full time hours are not guaranteed.
- Provide one to one support to individuals with special needs in the community and in their homes
- Support with daily living activities such as, but not limited to, meal preparation, personal care, and outings in the community.
- Encourage participation in recreational activities, while developing social skills and life skills.
- Provide conflict resolution and problem-solving to support clients through difficult situations.
- Utilize harm reduction practices to de-escalate and stabilize a client if in a state of crisis and/or presenting with high-risk behaviours.
- Follow through with care plans and ensure that administrative duties are completed within required timeframes.
- A Human Services Diploma (i.e., Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Personal Support Worker, Addictions and Mental Health Worker, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals diagnosed with ASD, mental health or special needs
- Experience writing incident reports, serious occurrences, report taking, daily logs
- Clinical skills, including experience and ability to work with and manage difficult behaviours
- Ability to carry out Safety Plans and Client Care Plans
- Vulnerable Sector Search within a six month period
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Welfare Check
- Must have certification in crisis intervention (i.e., CPI, UMAB, etc)
- First Aid and CPR Level C required.
- Valid G License and access to a reliable vehicle preferred.
- Ability to work various shifts with minimal notice
If you’re a self-motivated, organized, flexible person driven by a desire to help others, contact us to learn more about our open positions. Apply online at www.matrixstaffingsolution.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.