Job Position: Skilled Labourer
Company: First Onsite
Location: Summerside, PE
Skilled Labourer Job Details:
Our Skilled Labourers earn a competitive hourly wage based on experience. We offer an exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental, and vision. Our other benefits include an employee assistance program, educational assistance, professional development, internal growth opportunities, the opportunity for national career movement, and a healthy work/life balance. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
The Skilled Labourer is in good physical condition and provides construction work and support required to ensure timely project completion. The Skilled Labourer follows good work practices and procedures and sets a good example for new crew members and co-workers. The Skilled Labourer may: operate a variety of equipment and instruments, including hand and power tools of all types; clean and prepare sites; clean up rubble and debris; remove mold, asbestos lead and other hazardous materials.
- Leads by example and follows all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Hand, Lead Water Technician and/or Lead Carpenter and more experienced co-workers.
- Participates in good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- Learns and practices correct procedures, especially when environmental work is required.
- Adheres to company policy regarding acceptable standards to follow at a customer site i.e. smoking policy etc.
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers and sub-contractors.
- Is willing and able to be on-call 24/7 for after hour’s emergency work.
- Directs customer questions or concerns to the most senior company person at the job site.
- Looks out for and assists co-workers.
- Previous construction or cleaning work preferred.
- Experience with hand tools & power tools preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Work activities may include physical labour, material handling and lifting, climbing ladders, wearing a respirator, and working in tight spaces (attics, basements, and crawlspaces)
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!