Job title: Seasonal Installation Technician – Atlanta /Sandy Springs / Marietta
Company: TD SYNNEX
Location: East Point, GA
Seasonal Installation Technician – Atlanta /Sandy Springs / Marietta Job Details:
About the Role
Shyft Global Services is seeking highly motivated and technically skilled temporary/seasonal employees in The Atlanta /Sandy Springs / Marietta area immediately.
Shyft Global Services, a division of TD SYNNEX, is a leading technology lifecycle service provider that partners with companies around athe world to shift the way they do business. We employ more than 1,500 services professionals and IT experts focused on delivering end-to-end product and customer lifecycle management services for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other technology innovators.
This is an opportunity to start in a full-time, temporary engagement with possibility to develop into a full-time, permanent position based on performance and business need.
What You’ll Do
Initial engagements will primarily be as an onsite technician delivering hardware installation projects. This role can develop into a career delivering computer upgrades, repair/maintenance services, technical support, professional services positions and beyond. This work is generally performed in various retail customer environments but can be in business offices, campuses or data center settings. As skills develop, other work may include repairing/upgrading servers, networked storage devices, blade servers and other enterprise solutions.
Because the bulk of the initial work will be performed in retail locations and we would not want to impede their normal business transactions, this role will require overnight shifts. In the event a full-time position is offered or a client requests daytime hours, there will be a need to be available for daytime hours with advance notice.
What We’re Looking For
- 2 to 5+ years of hardware/configuration and operating system (OS) upgrade experience
- Technical certifications (A+, Dell, HP, MCSE, CCNA, etc.) or equivalent field experience
- Experience with installation of hardware systems such as HP, Dell, Toshiba, Cisco, NCR, etc. is preferred
- Reliable work ethic – consistently on time and works through job completion
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Accurately document installation components (inventories), milestone timestamps, completion reports, before and after pictures and administrative items
- Ability to effectively communicate with onsite customer personnel and technical teams, remote technical support, supervisor, project manager, etc.
- Maintains a professional approach with focus on a positive customer experience
- Self-starter – can work independently or supervise other technical resources as needed
- Ability to identify and resolve installation related failures and issues
The successful Installation Technician will already and independently possess the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- Dependable vehicle – capable of transporting parts
- Laptop – Microsoft OS based
- Smartphone with camera and data service from major carrier
- Standard field tool kit
- Capability to lift boxes (up to 75lbs)
- Capability to work on ladder (up to 12′)
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Apply anyway.
At Shyft Global Services, a TD SYNNEX Company, we’re proud to be recognized as a great place to work and a leader in the promotion and practice of diversity, equity and inclusion. If you’re excited about working for our company and believe you’re a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a team that represents and empowers a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for the job now!