Job Position: Seasonal Cook
Company: J.D. Irving
Location: New Brunswick
Seasonal Cook Job Details:
J.D. Irving, Limited’s Woodlands Division is managing woodlands operations throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Maine. Many of our operations are in remote areas and several of our employees and partners stay at Company Camps for weeks and months at a time. JDI has a dedicated team of culinary professionals who manage an efficient restaurant style operation to ensure our employees have access to quality, delicious, homestyle meals.
Central New Brunswick Woodlands is looking for a dedicated Seasonal Cook to join our team in Deersdale, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will assist the Lead Chef with food preparation and menu design, ensure that the food being served is top quality, and uphold high standards of cleanliness and professionalism at all times.
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment working with a large and diverse organization
- Competitive compensation package that includes: Hourly rate ranging between $18.00 – $23.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Free lodging and meals on site
- Food safety certification
- Successful completion of a Culinary Arts program from a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred but not required
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Previous experience cooking in a remote location for large groups of people would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and email
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Prepare special dietary meals as required
- Prepare bagged lunches for offsite consumption
- Bake daily sweets such as pies, cookies, cakes, and squares
- Bake daily bread products
- Ensure cleanliness, hygiene, and food safety standards are maintained
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and organized at all times
- Maintain public dining area in a clean and well-stocked condition
- Raise client and staff inquiries and requests to the Lead Chef
- Address complaints and resolve issues professionally and diplomatically
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Jan 4, 2024
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Please be cautious of false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as J.D. Irving, Limited.
J.D. Irving, Limited would never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resume. We routinely report suspicious activities and accounts and we ask anyone who has received messages from a fraudulent account to do the same. If you have questions about the validity of an offer, please contact .
© J.D. Irving, Limited. All rights reserved. ™ is a trademark of Irving Licensing Inc., used under licence.
An outstanding team dedicated to providing the best in products and service.