Job Position: Scientist Haematology Cancer Services , Queensland Health
Company: Queensland Government
Scientist Haematology Cancer Services , Queensland Health Job Details:
Division of Cancer Services are looking for a Scientist Haematology Cancer Services to join their team on a temporary basis. The Malignant Haematology Scientist is responsible for the performance of a wide range of testing used for the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of malignant haematological disorders including peripheral blood progenitor cell transplantation under the supervision of the Supervising Scientist. The scientist is also responsible for the investigation of new techniques, under the direction of the Director of Clinical Haematology, Cancer Services, which may be applicable to the investigation of haematological disease.
Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Health – Science/Technical
Workplace Location Brisbane – South
Job ad reference QLD/MS01537443
Closing date 29-Jan-2024
Job duration 6 months
Contact person Dr Paula Marlton
Contact details 3176 2390
Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role:
- Performance of peripheral blood progenitor cell harvest processing, including cyropreservation, storage and thawing for re-infusion.
- Performance of routine bone marrow and peripheral blood investigations including the assistance with the collection of bone marrow samples, staining and flow cytometric analysis of those samples.
- Performance of quality control procedures that pertain to the above investigations.
- Adherence to the relevant NPAAC Guidelines, including NPAAC HPC Requirements and any other regulatory requirements.
- Under the direction of the Director of Haematology, Cancer Services and the Supervision of the Supervising Scientist Special Investigations Section Haematology Department, Pathology Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, investigate and implement new techniques and technologies for the investigation of haematological malignancy.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE² values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
Applicants are encouraged to apply online; Please review the Role Description for more information on application process requirements. Agency referrals will not be accepted for this position.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Scientist Haematology Cancer Services , Queensland Health Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Scientist Haematology Cancer Services , Queensland Health Vacancies in Australia.