Job Position: Sales Representative, Ruminant Business Southern Alberta
Location: Mississauga, ON
Sales Representative, Ruminant Business Southern Alberta Job Details:
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The role of the Sales Representative, Ruminant Business, Southern Alberta is to achieve Elanco’s strategic goals and secure sales and profitability objectives by demonstrating the value of Elanco’s portfolio to our customers operating in Alberta. The Sales Representative follows a Customer Value Selling (CVS) and Strategic Account Management (SAM) approach to cultivate long-term mutually beneficial customer relationships, and continuously identifies and develops business opportunities in collaboration with key accounts. The Sales Representative works collaboratively within Elanco to leverage resources to bring ‘best in class’ service and portfolio expertise to the customer.
Territory contacts may consist of one or more of the following types of customers: producers, Veterinarians, nutritionists, consultants, feed channel partners and other key influencers.
Sales Representatives are held accountable for establishing productive relationships with key stakeholders, delivering sales results, implementing agreed strategies and tactics, and growing Elanco market share across the product portfolio.
Sales Representatives consistently demonstrate Elanco’s Behavioral Pillars: Involve, Deliver, Innovate and Own.
The role is based out of Southern Alberta, with significant time spent with customers (app. 60%) and occasional travels outside of the territory.
Major Accountabilities: Sales & Territory Management
- Achieve yearly sales and profitability objectives within territory and with designated key accounts.
- Carry out daily contacts with customers and provide best-in-class sales support. Proactively seek feedback on product/service performance.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and that Elanco is the customer’s preferred supplier based on available portfolio, and exceptional service and relationship.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with all Elanco products and match product features/benefits with customer needs.
- Adjust operating style to ensure effective communication and transfer key messages and/or scientific information about Elanco portfolio of products and services/capabilities to Feed Channel partners, Veterinarians, Nutritionists, Producers, and other key influencers in the industry.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of customers, industry, market drivers, portfolio, and competitive environment; analyze and leverage information to accomplish sales objectives.
- Leverage financial, institutional, technical, and marketing resources to develop solid business partnerships/relationships with customers and assist in growing their business.
- Continuously reinforce knowledge of the cattle industry to develop an in-depth knowledge of customer’s business operations and develop account plans and sales forecasts for the territory, implement sales cycle tactics and support the achievement of Elanco’s strategic goals.
- Provide customer and market insights to support bottom-up business planning and quarterly reviews.
- Follow the principles of Customer Value Selling (CVS) and Strategic Account Management (SAM) to enable and/or reinforce customer relationships.
- Conduct and facilitate both virtual and in-person customer and industry meetings, training sessions, seminars, and other value-added services.
- Meet sales force excellence goals, including reporting of all calls, territory intelligence and customer information within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Implement and execute marketing programs and customer initiatives.
- Represent Elanco in a professional manner with customers and industry stakeholders, build trust and credibility.
- Report all Suspected Adverse Events and Product Complaints to the Pharmacovigilance Team and adhere to all Elanco policies and procedures.
Required skills, experience and education
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred Ag. Science, Animal Health or Business, or an equivalent work experience in a relevant scientific or technical field and an Agriculture College diploma.
- 2 years sales experience in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and communication skills.
- Exemplary team and individual work ethics.
- Personal accountability: driven, action-oriented and disciplined. Able to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills. Results driven, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English language skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of PC package tools, including but not limited to: word-processing (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel) and Presentations (PowerPoint).
- Valid driver operator license in the province where the role is located.
Preferred skills, experience and education
- Passion for animal health and/or agricultural business, and a good understanding of cattle production
- University Degree, preferred Ag. Science, Animal Health, or Business.
- Experience in livestock production, nutrition, and/or health management will be valued.
- Prior knowledge of Sales Competency Models and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
Location & Expected Travel Percentage
- Based in Southern Alberta.
- Significant time in field/with customers (60%). Overnight travel will be required.
- Opportunity for occasional travel nationally or internationally.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Sales Representative, Ruminant Business Southern Alberta Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Sales Representative, Ruminant Business Southern Alberta Vacancies in Canada.