Job Position: Registered Social Worker
Company: Island Health
Location: Saanichton, BC
Registered Social Worker Job Details:
Peninsula Health Unit – Saanichton, BC V8M 2B2 CA (Primary)
Work Area (FBA Only)
Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time
Salary Range (Hourly Rate)
$41.04 – $51.27
Worked BI-WEEKLY HOURS
Planned Start Date
Jan. 3 2024
Approximate End Date (For Temporary Assignments ONLY)
Pending Return of Incumbent
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check)
Required for Professional Registration
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Working without general supervision as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team providing client-centered care for multi-site services such as Home & Community Care, Mental Health & Addiction Services and/or Long-Term Care Services, the Registered Social Worker provides assessment, care planning, intervention, consultation, and referral for services to clients and their caregivers/families where the social, economic, emotional or psychological circumstances of the client presents barriers to care and/or an optimum level of function.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Education, Training And Experience
Bachelor of Social Work degree from a recognized university. Current full registration with the BC College of Social Workers . Post-degree preparation in program specific areas, such as Gerontology, Palliative Care and/or Mental Health & Addiction Services. Two (2) years recent, related experience working in specific service area, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC Drivers License.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applicable legislation, and various community-based health and human services.
- Demonstrated counseling skills, including crisis, loss and grief counseling.
- Ability to educate and provide consultation to clients/caregivers/families, support groups, and other health care professionals, including development and coordination of in-services, presentations and facilitation skills.
- Meet deadlines.
- Determine and deal with emergent situations.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate workload in a complex environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff and other health care providers.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Foster good public relations.
- Work independently and as a member of, and/or provide leadership to, a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Problem solve.
- Resolve conflict.
- Operate related equipment, including computerized systems.
- Keyboard at 30 wpm.
- Physically and emotionally perform the duties of the position.
Link to Full Job Description
Additional information for applicants
This Saanich Peninsula Primary Care SW position is currently virtual; subject to change.
Vaccination Notification: To keep our employees, clients and the communities we serve safe, Island Health is enforcing an employee mandatory vaccination policy which is intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. As such, Island Health requires Proof of BC Provincial Immunization Registration as a condition of employment, and any offers of employment are contingent on you providing proof of vaccination prior to commencement of the offered effective date. If an offer of employment is extended, but proof of vaccination is not provided, the offer will be rescinded.
Health Science Professionals