Job Position: Receptionist – Casual – Halifax/Bedford/Dartmouth
Location: Nova Scotia
Receptionist – Casual – Halifax/Bedford/Dartmouth Job Details:
Come join the Northwood team!
Since 1962, Northwood has led the way as Nova Scotia’s most dynamic continuing care organization committed to innovation and change. Northwood is the largest not-for-profit continuing care organization in Atlantic Canada and is recognized both here at home and across Canada as an extraordinary example of the power of social justice, but we like to call it the power of love! When life changes, and society changes, Northwood leads the way, incorporating revolutionary designed, responsive care. From new ideas to new technologies, we are empowered to do this, because our focus is on people!
We are currently accepting applications for a Casual Receptionist (Various Locations) to join our team!
- Grade 12 or equivalent and Secretarial/Clerical certificate.
- One to two years’ office administration experience.
- Must have excellent keyboarding skills with proven ability to work in a PC environment that includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- The ability to deal effectively and positively with the public and to react in a controlled manner during emergency and other situations.
- Must be capable of working independently and be able to remain calm when dealing with stressful situations.
- Answers and directs all switchboard calls in a courteous manner.
- Answers and directs resident and visitor requests and inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Operates pager and walkie-talkie system during emergency and other situations as required.
- Performs necessary procedures during fire alarms and other emergency situations.
- Manages emergency help calls for residents and monitors immediate response.
- Records all important events and happenings that occur during the shift in the log book provided.
- Makes announcements over public address system in accordance with Northwood procedures.
- Opens Northwoodcare business mail, sorts and distributes residents’ mail.
- Processes all outgoing Canada Post and courier mail for Northwoodcare.
- Provides clerical/administrative support to other departments, as required
- Responds immediately to Roam Alert/Wanderguard elopement systems by following established procedures.
- Other duties as directed by Manager, Reception.
Salary/Benefits: As per Northwood scale
Hours of Work: No guaranteed hours bi-weekly (Various shifts up to 12 hours)
To learn more about Northwood please visit our website www.northwood.care
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Receptionist – Casual – Halifax/Bedford/Dartmouth Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Receptionist – Casual – Halifax/Bedford/Dartmouth Vacancies in Canada.