Job title: Psychiatric Clinician – Child and Adolescent
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: New Haven, CT
Psychiatric Clinician – Child and Adolescent Job Details:
Description Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, no weekends or holidays.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Join us and receive our Competitive Benefit Package Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- 401K with generous employer contribution
- PTO accrual from first day of employment
- Student Debt Assistance – paid towards qualified student loans
- Tuition Reimbursement – after just 6 months of employment
- And much more
Job Summary: Provides direct clinical psychosocial services to patients, utilizing individual, group and family therapy modalities. Responsible for the management of assigned cases including assessment, treatment planning, implementation of clinical interventions, and coordination of appropriate community services. Uses an understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess each patient’s age specific needs and age specific treatment and care.
- Manages a patient caseload requiring ongoing psychiatric services, including individual, group and family therapy.
- Provides evaluation and formulates treatment plan for new clients to the system.
- Coordinates treatment interventions to achieve treatment goals.
- Participates in team meetings and supervision.
- Provides support and may temporarily cover other team members.
- Completes required documentation in a timely fashion.
- Complies with requirements from regulatory agencies.
- Provides liaison for patients with components of the community source system, i.e., CMHA, Wheeler Clinic, CRT, Social Security, DSS, etc.
- May supervise student interns.
- Responsible for completing and tracking insurance authorizations and utilization management reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification: Current Connecticut Licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or similar licensure (i.e. LMFT, LPC, etc). Additional Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LADC) is a plus.
Critical Success Factors: Effective verbal and written communication skills. One year of experience in a similar role. Experienced working in a multidisciplinary environment. Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment. Ability to communication effectively both written and verbally, bi-lingual highly preferred. Excellent time-management and documentation skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees– we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Apply for the job now!