Job Position: Production Labourer
Expected salary: $25.14 per hour
Location: St. John’s, NL
Production Labourer Job Details:
Bimbo Canada is a major, public Canadian Corporation and part of the Grupo Bimbo family of Companies
POSITION: Production Labourer
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: St. John’s, Newfoundland
SALARY: $25.14 per hour, as per Collective Agreement
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time (can expect to be scheduled 30-32 hours)
Bimbo Canada, formerly known as Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
We have immediate employment opportunities for Production Labourers at our St. John’s Plant.
As a Production Labourer, you will report directly to the shift supervisor working at various positions throughout the food processing line.
HOURLY RATE AND PREMIUMS OFFERED:
- $25.14 per hour with an annual increase as outlined in the Collective Agreement
- We offer a night premium of $1.00 which shall be paid for all hours worked whose shift start time begins between 7:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m on their regularly scheduled assigned shift.
- There is a potential for overtime hours in which all time worked in excess of eight (8) hours daily or forty (40) hours weekly, but not both, will be paid at time and one-half
- Benefit eligibility – Part-time associates who have accumulated 1560 hours will be entitled to full-time benefits.
- Transporting raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- Measuring and dumping ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- Removing filled containers from conveyers
- Manually packing goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Checking products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Cleaning machines and immediate work areas
- Previous experience working within a food production plant and operating multi-functional process control machinery would be considered an asset
- A grade 12 education is required
- We require positive individuals with flexibility to work varying shifts from Sunday-Friday with the possibility of overtime. The hours of work will vary depending on operational requirements.
- Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of following all Attendance and Health & Safety protocols at all times
- Candidates must have manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail skills as they are a key requirement for this position
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Candidates must have their own transportation
- Candidates must have their own steel-toed safety boots
- Environment: Bakery; this role requires the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Volume of work: Physically demanding work environment that requires to work in a fast-paced environment and involves repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling and standing for extended periods
- Physical requirements: This role is physically demanding and therefore the candidate must be able to handle weight up to 50lbs.
If you are qualified and interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Sophie Beaulieu, Talent Acquisition, [email protected]
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.