Job title: Pharmacist (Full or Part Time)
Expected salary: $52 – 74.8 per hour
Location: San Bruno, CA
Pharmacist (Full or Part Time) Job Details:
Provides pharmacy consulting services with empathy to patients regarding the effective usage of medications and awareness with drug interactions. Offers preventive and clinical healthcare services, including immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation, review, and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures. Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance patient experience.
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and joyful experience, including interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Connects with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing awareness of healthcare services offered through Walgreens (e.g., patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services) thereby promoting the shift of the Walgreens pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in events that reflect the unique communities we serve as requested by Store Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, District Manager or Pharmacy Manager.
- Counsels’ patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management.
- Reviews, interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when
- necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations, company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities, and soliciting team member suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems including workflow, prescription fulfillment, billing, clinical documentation, training, inventory management, and point of sale registers to provide support to patients as well as pharmacy staff. Seeks new and better ways to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve patient issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with insurance companies and medical providers and participates in 3rd-party audit.
- Follow-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions, and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs clinical and wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, disease state management and other healthcare services.
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and inventory management.
- Develops and maintains good connections with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote the pharmacy business, enhance growth opportunities, and provide more joyful lives through better health.
- Partners with centralized support for patient registration, exception resolution, and assists with resolving patient issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following specific company procedures and guidelines.
People & Performance Management
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff hiring and training. Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring customer service, and fostering team member development.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, monitors and recognizes progress, and fosters a shared vision.
Training & Personal Development
- Maintains current knowledge and required licensing/credentialing/certification as
- established by federal and state regulations to provide such clinical services.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training, including learning modules, as required by the Company.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager and store manager as mentor and coach.
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager by communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy information to pharmacy staff.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacist in a retail setting including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
This information is being provided to promote pay transparency and equal employment opportunities at Walgreens. The current salary range for this position is $52.00 – $74.80 / hour. The actual hourly salary within this range that you will be offered will depend on a variety of factors including geography, skills and abilities, education, experience and other relevant factors.
Apply for the job now!