Job Position: HSES Advisor Dandenong
Company: Pact Packaging
Location: Melbourne, VIC
HSES Advisor Dandenong Job Details:
Our Pact Packaging division is pioneering a whole of product life cycle approach to sustainable packaging. Partnering with global brands to local producers, we integrate supply chain efficiencies and sustainable practices into everything we design and manufacture.
About this opportunity
We specialise in the manufacture and supply of rigid plastic and metal packaging servicing for the consumer and industrial sectors.
We are currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to provide oversight and drive consistent implementation of HSES systems across PACT’s Dandenong Brickwood plastic packaging manufacturing site to ensure the organisation meets its legal and ethical obligation to provide a safe workplace.
As a HSES Leader on site, you will provide a connection between the Site and Group level activities and will champion and monitor implementation of the Group HSES System (Policy, Procedures and tools), including communicating with Site Management and conducting inspections and audits.
You will support and drive the assessment and recommendations to improve controls of all site hazardous and high-risk activities as well as provide oversight of critical incidents and support the Site with incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action closure. This includes the investigation of incidents that affect health, pollution, contamination and waste management.
Supporting the sites Injury Management Processes as well as preparation of Health, Safety and environmental reports will form a part of your remit as well as driving activities with external regulatory bodies (such as Safework and EPA) and providing recommendations of continuous improvement for the Group HSES System.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide oversight of health, safety and environmental incidents and supporting sites with incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action close out
- Monitor and drive activities with external regulatory bodies (such as WorkSafe and EPA) and providing recommendations of continuous improvement for the Group HSES System
- Plan and implement environmental, health and safety programmes.
- Identify common environment, health and safety hazards inherent at the site and establish guidelines for the control of hazards.
- Promote and champion a zero-harm culture, by providing expert advice, support and driving implementation of the Group HSES system. This entails advice to the Divisional and Site Management teams.
- Incident Management
- Establish risk management and risk mitigation programmes
- Monitor, interpret and champion changes to regulatory environment including communication of
- Support the development and coordination of strategies
- Train and educate leaders of the PACT safety management systems
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Health and SafetyCodes of Practice, Standards, and associated obligations;
- Strong skills in hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation;
- Previous experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and auditing Safety or Environmental Management Systems;
- High level of computer literacy and developed administrative skills;
- Commitment to sustainability and providing an honest, respectful environment
- Experience working in Manufacturing/large, multinational or listed company environments
- High level of initiative and ability to work effectively and remotely from HSES team.
Our vision is to lead the circular economy through packaging, reuse and recycling solutions. It’s a future-driven group commitment, designed to create lasting value.
We’re the largest plastics recycler in Australia and New Zealand and one of the region’s biggest user of recycled materials. We have 6,000+ team members, operate 110 manufacturing facilities across 15 countries, and our customers include some of the world’s largest brands that consumers know and trust.
As a global leader in circular and sustainable packaging solutions, we’ve committed to lead the circular economy through a $500 million investment plan.
For us, it’s about finding new and better ways of doing things. Ways to grow business, to give back to the environment and to enrich people’s lives every day.
Our promise is to create a better and more prosperous world all round.
That’s our future Pact. Let’s lead the way together.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of HSES Advisor Dandenong Apply Now!
Discover More Pact Packaging Jobs, and Find more jobs in Melbourne, VIC.
Also, Check out More HSES Advisor Dandenong Vacancies in Australia.