Job Position: Nurse Practitioner
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Nurse Practitioner Job Details:
Fonemed is expanding its services and is looking for passionate and dedicated Nurse Practitioners to add to its exceptional and growing team in a work from home telehealth position. At Fonemed, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of over 40 Nurse Practitioners and to create a schedule that works for you. You will assess patients using telephone and video technology. Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are. If you share the company’s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most, apply today!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible to provide appropriate assessment and care to patients in a virtual clinic environment. The successful applicant works independently in diagnosing conditions, prescribing medications, performing, or ordering diagnostic tests and treatments, evaluating treatments, and providing follow-up care within the continuum of care. The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive and holistic nursing care to clients including health promotion, injury and illness treatment and prevention.
As an advanced practitioner, the Nurse Practitioner functions in the roles of practitioner, educator, and leader. As governed by provincial regulations, he/she practices independently, collaborating with other healthcare professionals including primary care physicians for issues outside the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice.
- Assessing client presentation, evaluating urgency of care needed, selecting appropriate level of care, facilitating referrals to other providers where appropriate, and determining follow up required
- Independently and collaboratively assesses, diagnoses, and prescribes in accordance with professional standards, legislation, policies, and clinical practice guidelines
- Coordinates treatment plans and follow up based on appropriate assessments, client and family response and outcomes, collaborating with other healthcare professionals if needed
- Communicates findings and diagnosis to client and/or inter-professional team. Discusses prognosis, treatment options and outcomes with client and/or other team members within the circle of care and documents within the client’s permanent health record
- Advocates for clients, assessing their needs and if applicable, referring to appropriate care providers, professionals, or other services in the interest of the continuum of care
- Follow best practice guidelines
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program
- Active Nurse Practitioner license in your home province
- Current or willingness to obtain licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- A member of the NLNPA (Newfoundland and Labrador Nurse Practitioners Association) is an asset but not a requirement
- Preferred 1 year of recent experience as a practicing Nurse Practitioner preferred. Previous clinical experience will be considered
- Experience working in emergency or urgent care considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of home and community health services
- Family All Ages (FAA) is required
- Experience practicing in a rural setting considered an asset
- Exceptional clinical assessment and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Must have very strong computer and technology skills to be able to deliver virtual care through the use of technology
- Experience and aptitude with e-consult is an asset
- A commitment to professional development
- A passion for telehealth and an advocate for the benefits and opportunities that telehealth offers to patients and clients
- A satisfactory background screening result
- You must have your own computer system (2 monitor screens preferred), USB headset, and high-speed internet connection. We will provide a secure access portal to login to
We are flexible in offering either full time or part time and offer a competitive compensation package.
Why Work With Us
With over 20 years in the telehealth industry servicing clients across North America, Fonemed prides itself on providing outstanding client experience and practicing a culture of care in everything we do. We are a growing company who values our greatest resource – our people! We provide a collaborative company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health benefits and retirement saving options, as well as a great paid leave program. If you are looking for an opportunity to work from home for a company that values you, apply today!
Fonemed is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at .