Job title: Mechanic/Forklift Mechanic
Location: North East, PA
Mechanic/Forklift Mechanic Job Details:
The Mechanic/Forklift Mechanic will perform maintenance and repairs on forklift trucks used throughout the facility.
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 Paid holiday days
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company match 401(k) Retirement Savings
Mechanic/Forklift Mechanic responsibilities
- Inspects forklift truck fleet to ensure trucks are working properly and safely.
- Identifies any forklift trucks that need repairs.
- Removes unsafe equipment from facility operating area and notifies supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains various types of forklift trucks including electric, gas-powered, and propane powered.
- Tests forklift trucks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Schedules and performs routine maintenance for forklift trucks.
- Ensures batteries for electric forklift trucks are fully charged.
- Replaces empty propane tanks on propane-powered forklift trucks.
- Maintains repair log for forklift truck fleet.
Mechanic/Forklift Mechanic Skills/Abilities:
- Previous experience repairing Toyota, Hyster, Clark, Crown, and Yale required.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to repair forklift trucks.
- Ability to read repair manuals for various types of forklift trucks.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of forklift truck mechanic’s training course preferred.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all parts of the forklift truck needing repairs or maintenance, either by kneeling or lying on back.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Apply for the job now!