Job Position: Maintenance Officer
Company: UnitingCare Australia
Expected salary: $29.56 per hour
Location: Auchenflower, QLD
Maintenance Officer Job Details:
Reference Number 20291
Position Title Maintenance Officer
Employment Status Permanent Full Time
Entity The Wesley Hospital
Enterprise Agreement ENG – Engineering and Maintenance Enterprise Agreement – Semi Skilled/Trades Assistant
Maintenance Officer | The Wesley Hospital
- Employment Term: Permanent, Full-Time
- Location: Auchenflower, just 5 mins from Toowong Shopping Village and 10 mins from Brisbane City
- Remuneration: $29.56 p/h + 11% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging + Penalties & Allowances
Make a meaningful difference with The Wesley Hospital
We’re looking for someone who wants to make the world a little better through small moments that leave big impacts. To build meaningful relationships and make a difference in the lives of others.
An integral part of our team at The Wesley Hospital as a Maintenance Officer you’ll be encouraged to grow, develop and feel empowered to make the everyday easier for the people we care so passionately about.
Let’s make a meaningful difference, together.
What makes a difference for you?
The Wesley Hospital is one of Australia’s iconic and largest private not-for-profit hospitals, caring for you for life. From the heart of Brisbane more than 800 Visiting Medical Practitioners and 2,000 staff deliver personalised care through life’s journey for generations of Queenslanders.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Save tax and increase your take home pay by salary packaging your everyday living expenses and bills (up to $15,900) and meal entertainment (up to $2,650) per annum
- Subsidised On-Site Parking
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, a wellbeing program and employee assistance program
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values and a commitment to serving others
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave, available after 6 months service, in addition to the government scheme
- Diversity and inclusive leave, offering paid gender affirmation leave and cultural leave options (paid and unpaid) for those who may celebrate Lunar New Year, Diwali, Ramadan, NAIDOC weeks and other significant cultural events
- Professional development, through Graduate Certificates, skills development courses, bursaries, grants and partnerships with leading Universities (Hospitals).
- Career development opportunities to challenge yourself, grow and make a meaningful difference
Your part in The Wesley Hospital team
As a Maintenance Officer you will support with the general maintenance of the hospital buildings and equipment including but not limited to:
- Minor wall repairs, patching, painting, cleaning;
- Non-licenced maintenance works such as water leaks, concrete repairs;
- Critical plant checks (where suitably trained & qualified to do so);
- Air handling units, pumps, fans
- Maintenance and repair of hospital fixtures and fittings
- Assist other trades and tasks as directed
What makes a difference for us?
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Applicable trade recognition through certification or equivalent – desirable
- Previous experience in a service related industry, preferably a hospital/medical environment
- Forklift licence
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills
The Wesley Hospital is proudly part of the UnitingCare family, we’d love you to be too.
At the Wesley Hospital, we offer comprehensive care across a wide range of acute tertiary-level medical and surgical services with a particular focus on cancer care, cardiac care, women’s and children’s care, and complex surgical care. This includes the busiest robotic surgery program and the first Robotic Surgery Centre of Excellence accredited in Australia.
Joining the Wesley Hospital, you’ll also be welcomed as part of the UnitingCare family. The second-largest Queensland employer, we’re a proud not-for-profit with more than 16,500 staff and 9,000 volunteers across our brands of BlueCare, Lifeline, ARRCS, The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital, St Stephen’s Hospital, and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, and have been leading by example for more than 100 years. Our team are compassionate, inclusive and committed to the work we do, helping people live life in all its fullness.
Start making a difference today
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter. Our team are available to answer any questions you may have.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. Demonstrating our commitment to reconciliation and building long-term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, UnitingCare strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at UnitingCare: https://www.unitingcareqld.com.au/about-us/who-we-are/diversity-and-inclusion
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Selection Criteria Essential: Forklift licence
Not Essential: Applicable trade recognition through certification or equivalent – desirable
Contact Person Anderson
Contact Number 0455906793
Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date 06/01/2024
Position Description Maintenance Officer TWH PD 20231109.docx