Job Position: Machinist – CNC (Wingfield)
Expected salary: $70000 – 75000 per year
Location: Wingfield, SA
Machinist – CNC (Wingfield) Job Details:
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Are you a CNC Machinist looking for a dynamic opportunity? Join our team and experience a rewarding career where precision meets innovation. As a CNC Machinist, you’ll play a crucial role in our operations.
- Permanent Full-time position
- Based in Wingfield S.A.
- Salary $70k – $75k.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Precision Machining: Bring engineering drawings and instructions to life with your machining skills, ensuring every detail meets our high standards.
- Flexibility: Embrace the opportunity for shift work to support our continuous operations and keep the gears turning.
- Equipment Care: Be the vigilant guardian of our machinery and infrastructure, promptly reporting any faults or issues to ensure seamless production.
- Documentation Expert: Complete product and inspection documentation with meticulous attention to detail, adhering to our Quality Management System and corporate policies.
- Versatile Skills: Be a jack-of-all-trades by performing fitting, maintenance, and general hand duties when required.
- Safety First: Champion our commitment to safety by strictly following standard operating procedures and promoting safe work practices across all operating centers. Don’t hesitate to alert management if you spot any conflicts with our safety mandate.
- Team Player: Collaborate effectively with your colleagues, taking direction from the Leading Hand – Machining or Plant Foreman to maintain smooth operations.
- Blueprint Wizard: Read and interpret engineering drawings with precision, ensuring your work aligns with project specifications.
- Record Keeper: Keep our records accurate and up to date on a daily basis, demonstrating your commitment to quality and efficiency.
- Time Management: Ensure your job, time, and clocking cards are consistently and accurately completed, providing essential data for our operations.
- Supportive Hand: Extend a helping hand by assisting with fitting, maintenance, and general duties as required, contributing to the overall success of our team.
- Equipment Custodian: Maintain, care for, and organize company gauges and measuring equipment, ensuring they are in top-notch condition for accurate work.
To be a successful candidate, you should bring the following qualifications and requirements to the table:
Trade Certification: Possess a current and relevant Trade Certificate, showcasing your expertise and formal training.
Machine Mastery: Demonstrate proficiency in operating both manual and computer-controlled turning and milling equipment, illustrating your versatility in the machining realm.
Material Expertise: Understand the nuances of different steel grades and their machining characteristics, proving your knowledge of the materials you work with.
Customer-Centric: Embrace a customer service-oriented mindset, recognizing the importance of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Hands-On Experience: Bring 3-5 years of hands-on experience in operating manual metalworking machinery within a customer-focused manufacturing environment, showcasing your reliability and adaptability.
Programming Prowess: Showcase 3-5 years of experience in both operating and programming metalworking machinery in a customer-focused manufacturing environment, highlighting your technical acumen.
License Compliance: Ensure you possess all necessary and current licenses required by the company. When practical, be prepared to operate company vehicles, plant, or equipment relevant to the position.
If you’re ready to be part of a dynamic team where your precision and expertise shine, apply now. We’re committed to your growth and success in our cutting-edge CNC machining environment. Join us today and be a part of our exciting journey!
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, Global company. Here are some of the benefits to working for SGS.
- As a company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work
- Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time for volunteering day and blood donations
- Corporate health & wellbeing offers
- Ongoing learning & development
- Career development opportunities (Nationally and Globally)
- SGS Rewards: Our employee benefits platform with access to retail and online discounts and cashback
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative, and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.