Job title: International Patient Services Specialist – Arabic
Company: University of Chicago Hospital
Location: Chicago, IL
International Patient Services Specialist – Arabic Job Details:
Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as an International Patient Services Specialist – Arabic in the International Program Department. This position is based on-site at Hyde Park.
In this role, the International Patient Services Specialist – Arabic is responsible for arranging and streamlining daily patient’s non-clinical processes. Duties include tasks such as facilitating the intake process, manning main phone line and emails, arranging daily transportation, arranging housing options as well as banking/cell phone, and being available to answer all logistical questions to patients. In addition to reconciliation of weekly and monthly reports, bills, and various other duties as assigned from the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Answering phone calls and email to dedicated lines and supervising of On-call Services and new patients’ intake process
- Arranging lodging options for patients and working with hotels and corporate housing on optimizing set up for patients to ensure smooth arrival and stay in Chicago
- Booking patients daily transportation requests and welcoming patients in the airport upon arrival in addition to arranging banking, cell phone, and travel options
- Being available to support patients with all non-clinical needs and make sure they have the best experience with the International Programs
- Managing the international patients Lounge/ East Huron office
- Manage the welcome visit and orientation process for new patients
- Provide exceptional customer service and foster patient engagement through the design and execution of events, including hospital tours
- Development of weekly/monthly reports and reconciles bills to support the finance team
- Various other duties as needed
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University is preferred but not required
- Experience in international work environments and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is preferred
- Excellent phone etiquette, customer service experience, commitment to highest levels of service standards through problem solving
- Understanding of the US healthcare system or work experience in US hospitals is desirable
- Ability to multitask and perform well under the pressure of competing issues requiring prompt attention
- Minimum two years of increasingly administrative experience, preferably in a complex healthcare or hotel environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required including the use of software programs such as Excel and Microsoft Suite
- Must be able to plan, organize and work on various tasks concurrently
- Must be able to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Must be able to interact with staff independently and professionally as well as customers, internal and external
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to speak Arabic
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 FTE
- Shift: Day
- Unit/Department: International Program
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply for the job now!