Job title: Human Capital Admin Support
Company: Oak Ridge Associated Universities
Expected salary: $23.37 per hour
Location: North Carolina
Human Capital Admin Support Job Details:
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full time Human Capital Admin Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Resources Management is the premier provider of administrative and support services that enable and support research within the EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORD). It is composed of five divisions with responsibility for extramural programs, budget planning/execution, human resources, safety, health and facilities and accountability. This opportunity is located within the Human Capital Division (HCD). HCD provides leadership and expertise to the Office of Research & Development (ORD) on the impact and use of policies, procedures, programs, and organizational relationships related to the operation of human resources management.
What experience and skills will you gain?
As a team member, you will assist EPA staff with the administrative duties required to support and maintain day-to-day program operations, including the administration, management, and logistics of government resources. This position shall encompass both general administrative support and specific program support that assist in the operations of the immediate office.
General Administrative Support
- Developing, managing, and maintaining systems and databases to track administrative processes such as supplies, training, awards;
- Maintaining records of meetings, correspondence and documents;
- Developing and maintaining document control systems for control of the location, arrangement, access, and use of electronic and paper files;
- Assisting in the maintenance, transfer, and disposition of records in accordance with established protocols;
- Assisting with data entry, word-processing and development of presentations;
- Assisting with the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, video teleconferences and other collaborative efforts;
- Assisting in the creation and update of standard operating procedures for daily operations of the directorate;
- Assisting in coordinating the in-process and out-process of staff, visitors, and volunteers; and
- Utilizing automated systems to enter, search, edit, and extract data and information.
- Logistics support required to establish and support Technical Qualification Board (TQB) Panels;
- Administrative support to facilitate the review of TQB application packages by the Panel;
- Developing request packages for ORD’s Years of Service Awards for routing and approval to required Agency contacts;
- Supporting ORD’s Honor Awards Program including conducting research to identify potential award materials, development of award certificates, review quality and accuracy of award materials and logistics support;
- Collecting, developing and updating materials for ORD websites related to Honor Awards;
- Supporting the cash and time off awards processes including development of forms, and data entry into award receipt logs;
- Developing and managing training requests using the Agency Business Automation Platform (BAP). Tracking training requests via a spreadsheet on a share drive;
- Assisting with the processing of ORD’s training forms to ensure staff are registered and approved for training opportunities; and
- Updating, editing and creating content for ORM’s intranet pages.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Experience in administrative support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases;
- Experience conducting internet research;
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette) as evidenced by a writing sample;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including experience handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines; and
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
- Experience involving the management of databases;
- Experience involving the operation of video teleconferencing equipment;
- Experience with desktop publishing software; and
- Experience organizing, tracking and coordinating large amounts of electronic information.
Location: This job will be located EPA’s facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: Selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage of $23.37 for hours worked.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Expected start date: The position is full time and expected to begin October 2023. The selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU working as a contractor to EPA. The contract renews each May through 2025.
For more information, contact . Do not contact EPA directly.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Apply for the job now!