Job Position: HR Generalist
Location: Michigan – St. John’s, NL
HR Generalist Job Details:
MWC is a state-of-the-art cheese and whey production facility in St. Johns, MI. MWC is a joint venture between Glanbia Nutritionals, Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), and Select Milk Producers Inc. Glanbia Nutritionals is a science-led, innovative producer of dairy and non-dairy solutions, including cheese, nutritional and functional nutrition solutions and flavor solutions.
We are hiring an HR Generalist due to an internal promotion. This is an on-site position at our state of the art plant in St. Johns. Responsibilities for the HR Generalist include but not limited to:
- Record employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Processing employment applications and assists in other employment activities such as offers and onboarding tasks utilizing the SAP Success Factors Software.
- Scheduling attend and follow up on recruitment events and job fairs.
- Initiating record changes for employees in relation to manager, pay, schedule, position and other changes.
- Updating employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Maintaining the HRIS (SAP) programs as needed and or directed.
- Computes wages and records data for use in payroll processing and compiles records for use in employee benefits administration.
- Primary contact for benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews (PDP Lite), terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Handles lower level complaints and investigations providing recommendations to HRBP and/or management for resolution. Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations and prepares analytics to control and reduce employee turnover.
- Work with the benefits team to track employees on Disability or Leave of Absence while participating in the interactive process with employees on leave.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 year related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
What we would like to offer you!
The opportunity to develop your career on a global stage, continuous learning through an on-demand learning platform, and a competitive compensation package including staff discounts, generous family leave policy, health & dental plan, competitive salary, 401K.