Job title: Host, Charleston Airport
Company: Delaware North
Expected salary: $15.75 per hour
Location: Charleston, SC
Host, Charleston Airport Job Details:
Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring a full-time or part-time Host to join our team at Charleston Airport in Charleston, South Carolina. As a Host, you will be the first person to welcome and interact with our guests.
Minimum pay rate: $15.75 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Review floor plan and reservation book daily; create a seating chart.
- Set up the host station according to the checklist.
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Seat guests according to the seating chart, server rotation, and guest preference and provides guests with menus.
- Maintain control of the seating and wait times.
- Clean and maintain host station; contribute to the cleanliness of the dining and bar areas.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Answer any guest questions regarding service, and provide general assistance for guests and employees.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, respond to complaints and notifies management, and thank guests as they are leaving.
- Answer restaurant telephone line during assigned hours of operation.
- Prior experience in a guest service environment preferred.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capable of performing specified procedures and following instructions.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Frequent walking, bending, lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Who We Are
Delaware North provides hospitality services at Charleston International Airport. We helped transform the airport’s dining options during its expansion and renovation in 2016. Travelers can dine at Jack Nicklaus’ Golden Bear Grill, created in partnership with the legendary golfer, or choose from an array of local favorites, such as Caviar & Bananas and Charleston Beer Works. Delaware North has operated here since 2014.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for the job now!