Job title: Food Service Associate
Company: Global Partners
Location: Yarmouth, ME
Food Service Associate Job Details:
Global Partner’s is looking for a Food Service Associate/ Deli Clerk. Our Fresh Food Associate is responsible for the store’s deli and food service daily operations, ensuring a high level of sanitation, store appearance and guest service.
We know you have many choices when choosing where to work. And what you really want to know before applying is, “What differentiates us from the rest?”
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products and services that make life better with its nearly 1600 locations! This longevity and success begins and ends with people. We create career paths and provide development programs for all roles in the organization. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the guest experience and rethinking what it means to lead as the adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. We’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
With our recent game changers such as and , we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. No matter which area of the business you support or which brand you decide to advance within our food service concepts, , Ramuntos, D’Angelos, Subway, Aroma Joes, or even our convenience brands, XtraMart, Honey Farms, Fast Freddies, Mr Mikes, Alltown, Jiffy Mart, Gulf, Honey Dew, Mobil Mart, Verc, Convenience Plus Brands, we know your contributions will be extremely valued and rewarded.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring –
- You have passion and love for food.
- You add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- You have a positive attitude and smile at guests and team members.
- You work cohesively with others.
- You listen and understand guest’s verbal and non-verbal communication and fellow team members.
- You openly communicate professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
“Gauges” of Responsibility –
- Process cash register transactions, giving back change and refunds.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn and work with deli ingredients including various meat items, vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Using scale printer machines, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Preparing, wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, and stocking deli/food service products, rotating them as necessary to ensure product quality and safety.
- The preparation and cooking of deli and food service items, which includes items like fried foods, salads prepared on premise, sandwiches, roller grill items, hot and cold beverages, prepared meals and snack items for hot and cold cases.
- Work safely around sharp slicers, tools and hot ovens and burners.
- Displaying products following deli department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking guest orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Other duties assigned by Store Manager.
“Fuel” for You –
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness – Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development – We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
The GPS of our Interview Process –
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview.
- We conduct phone interviews and on-site interviews and will provide you with additional hiring information items needed at that time.
Additional Requirements –
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and assist other locations as needed.
- Must have 2 years foodservice or retail management.
- Must have reliable transportation and an active driver’s license.
- Serv-safe certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist below waist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies, as well as reaching above shoulder height.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens, fryers and rotisseries
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.
Apply for the job now!