Job Position: EOI – Guidance Officer – Student Wellbeing – Temporary Relieving Pool 2024 – North Coast Region , Education
Company: Queensland Government
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
EOI – Guidance Officer – Student Wellbeing – Temporary Relieving Pool 2024 – North Coast Region , Education Job Details:
This continuous applicant pool is open to candidates that meet the mandatory requirements of the Guidance Officer role as detailed in the attached role description. Engagements from this applicant pool will be for Student Wellbeing GO vacancies up to 6 months in duration. Applications may be reviewed and considered throughout the 2024 school year – if and when short term temporary engagements are required. The submission of an application to this pool does not guarantee an offer of employment or an application assessment response. Please note: Applicants are requested to withdraw their application in the situation where they are no longer available or interested in pursuing Guidance Officer employment opportunities from this continuous applicant pool. Salary advertised is reflective of 1FTE.
Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time,Part-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Classification Stream 2 /HO1
Workplace Location Sunshine Coast,Wide Bay
Job ad reference QLD/NCR529205/24E
Closing date 13-Dec-2024
Job duration Duration determined according to operational need
Contact person Erin Margaritis
Contact details 0460 012 184
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and any extensions to this appointment will not exceed 12 months.
North Coast Region is seeking to employ Guidance Officers – Student Wellbeing as part of the department’s commitment to expanding its wellbeing workforce under the Student Wellbeing Package initiative. This pool is specifically for short term (1 week to 6 months) vacancies that arise.
Guidance officers employed in this role will provide direct support for primary and secondary students’ mild to moderate mental health difficulties. They will add to the support already available to students at their school and become an integral part of the school’s existing school-based support team. While guidance officers – student wellbeing are being employed under the department’s generic guidance officer role description, this is a specialist role whose day-to-day activities and responsibilities align with the aim of the Student Wellbeing Package.
Priorities of the role include:
- Identification, support and therapeutic intervention planning for students’ mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
- Provide advice and counselling on educational, behavioural, vocational, personal, social, family and mental health and wellbeing issues for students with mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
- Provide support and ensure safety plans for the school context are implemented for students who are self-harming and/or at risk of suicide.
- Support promotion, prevention, awareness and capability building regarding mental health and wellbeing within the school community and school leadership teams.
- Collect data relevant to the role of Guidance Officer – Student Wellbeing, including:
- collecting pre- and post-intervention data from students and their families regarding the student’s mental health and the impact of this on their overall functioning; and
- recording this data, alongside other key data, on a tracking tool for regional and state-wide data collection purposes.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a current maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
For a full list of the position responsibilities and mandatory requirements, please ensure you download the attached role description and candidate information fact sheet and follow the instructions.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of EOI – Guidance Officer – Student Wellbeing – Temporary Relieving Pool 2024 – North Coast Region , Education Apply Now!
Also, Check out More EOI – Guidance Officer – Student Wellbeing – Temporary Relieving Pool 2024 – North Coast Region , Education Vacancies in Australia.