Job title: Environmental Field/Construction Support Technician
Company: Environmental Consulting & Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Environmental Field/Construction Support Technician Job Details:
Provide support for Natural Resources based projects in Central Florida and the Eastern Gulf states specializing in environmental construction oversight and monitoring. This position will require travel (which is reimbursed by the company) to construction & field sites and client meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct environmental construction oversight and monitoring, working with multiple other consultants and contractors while maintaining aggressive project schedules
- Work independently in the field with limited immediate oversight
- Conduct threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, site investigations, ecological surveys and wetland delineations
- Assist with wetland and threatened and endangered species issues, and state and federal environmental permitting.
- Interpret data collected in the field
- Keep deliverable schedules and adhere to budgets
- Stay current with applicable regulations related to construction oversight
- Be a positive member of the team and encourage communication and coordination across ECT offices and service lines
- Be an active member of the team in terms of product quality and health and safety
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of experience in construction oversight, SWPPP compliance, wetland and wildlife issues, environmental permit compliance in the Florida and southeastern United States
- FDEP Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Inspector experience preferred
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Experience working on previous environmental construction support projects preferred
- Gopher Tortoise survey and permitting
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to travel extensively (70-90%) to provide environmental support at construction sites, conduct fieldwork, and client meetings
- FWC Gopher Tortoise Authorized Agent Permit
- FDEP Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Inspector Certification (preferred)
- Able to work long days hours outside a standard M-F schedule.
- Travel out of town and overnight, working in varying outdoor weather conditions, that may include extreme temperatures and possibly working in and around water
- Able to lift 50+ pounds, pull, hike, and sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Strong technical knowledge base in environmental oversight, wetlands, and wildlife
- Some environmental permitting experience (401/404 permitting)
- Technical report writing
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and expertise regarding construction oversight
- Must submit to random drug testing as required by ECT
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Apply for the job now!