Job Position: Environmental Engineering Intern
Company: Morrison Hershfield
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Environmental Engineering Intern Job Details:
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
- Prepares straightforward plans, designs, calculations, analyses in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings and other specifications
- Prepares/assists in preparing budgets, schedules and reports
- Conducts preliminary studies required to formulate, determine and evaluate design criteria for engineering work
- Carries out field and construction site visits for data collection, site assessment, condition assessment and site inspection
- Liaises with clients and contractors
- Performs other duties associated with working in a professional engineering environment
- Currently enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd year of an Engineering Degree program (Environmental Engineering is preferred) or 2nd or 3rd year of a Biology Degree program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, report writing and a commitment to teamwork
- Familiar with MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail, specifically with accuracy in taking field notes, calculations and completeness of data
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Experience working in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
- Experience working directly with field investigation programs is an asset
- Familiarity with GIS based software and cloud data storage/processing is an asset
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Job Profile: For internal use Technical I
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: Morrison Hershfield will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established between a duly authorized representative of our Corporate Human Resources department and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to Morrison Hershfield through our Corporate Human Resources department. Resumes and profiles sent to our managers without the express agreement of our Corporate Human Resources department will not be eligible for a fee.