Job Position: Electrician
Company: City of Mandurah
Expected salary: $76192 – 91430 per year
Location: Mandurah, WA
Electrician Job Details:
Built & Natural Environment | Regional WA
Position No: 001/2024
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time
- Are you driven by the opportunity to work for a thriving regional City committed to organisational excellence?
- Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges?
- We work together with you to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness.
- A leading survey recently found Mandurah is one of the top 10 domestic regions Australians would choose to work from when working remotely.
Imagine a future with us
The City of Mandurah (CoM) is one of the main cultural ambassadors and project leaders for Mandurah. We not only support and empower local businesses, create local jobs and opportunities but foster innovation and creativity in enterprise whilst considering the impact to our beautiful environment. We are woven by waterways (gabi), a city with a village heart (mandjoo koort).
At CoM, we look out for one another; prioritise respect, are fair, look after your development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted and achieve their full potential. Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. At CoM you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you
The City is looking for a qualified and experienced Electrician to join our City Maintenance team. In this position your expertise in electrical will be invaluable in the maintenance of the City’s facilities, including buildings, community halls, library’s, sporting facilities, aquatic centres, public ablutions and street lighting.
You will be someone who is able to carry out planned and reactive electrical maintenance, and minor new works to the City’s facilities assets, as well as provide advice, training, support, and assistance to City staff in matters relating to electrical installations and works.
What can you bring to the team?
- Holder of a valid and current Electrical Contractor’s Licence Issued by Energy Safety WA
- Ability to act in the role of Nominee for own your works under the City’s Inhouse Licence
- Conversant with the current Australian Standards Wiring Rules.
- Conversant with the Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991
- Licence to operate elevated work platforms or willing to obtain
- Working at Heights Ticket or willing to obtain
- Current unrestricted “C” class motor vehicle licence
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Construction Safety Induction Card
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Previous experience with working with computers, tablets, and smartphones
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to use initiative to resolve problems and/or suggest alternatives
- Ability to work autonomously
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to plan own work schedule, set priorities and meet strict work deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The finer details
This permanent full-time Mechanical & Building Trades position has a salary of between $76,192 – $91,430 dependent on qualifications and experience and includes Commuter use of a Council Vehicle. This position is located at the City’s Operations Centre, 93 Park Road, Mandurah.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, identity, experience, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to participate in a full pre-employment medical that includes drug and alcohol testing.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Great! To apply please visit our Careers page at . For further information or any enquiries, please contact Keith Sanders – Coordinator City Maintenance on (08) 9550 3967. Applications for this position are open until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This means the vacancy may close without notice. If you are interested in this position, we highly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Why work with us?
You will be working for the City of Mandurah, an employer of choice and one of Western Australia’s fastest growing local authorities. Our vision at the City is “Woven by waterways, a City with a village heart” and all our employees instil the values of connected, integrity, excellence, courage and innovate.
There are many advantages in working for the City, including:
- A fair salary – enjoy great work conditions including salary sacrificing options.
- Access to free staff parking and less than 50 mins to Perth by train and car.
- Superannuation Guarantee Contributions (SGC) payments with matching additional contributions made by the City in accordance with the City’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Health & wellbeing initiatives, including free recreation centre membership.
- Discounted medical insurance
- Learning and Development opportunities to fuel your amazingness and take your career to the next level
- Flexible working hours including 9-day fortnight.
- Transparent performance framework – approach your work with confidence in how you’re tracking, working to professional development plans agreed on by you and your line manager.
- Generous leave entitlements – provisions for many forms of leave; including annual, personal/ carers, parental, study, cultural, domestic violence, compassionate and bereavement leave.
- Employee Assistance Program support – you are encouraged to use this free short-term, confidential counselling service if you’re experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others or personal issues. It is also available for financial counselling and retirement planning.
- A vibrant Employee Reward & Recognition Program
- Did we mention Study Assistance, a social club, corporate uniform and much more!
Chief Executive Officer