Job Position: Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Associate
Location: Timmins, ON
Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Associate Job Details:
At Wolseley Canada, our leading-edge is the knowledge and insight found in every corner of our organization. Here, you’ll build strong relationships and support critical industries that touch the lives of Canadians. Every day, we show up with intention and pride; in ourselves, our associates, and our customers. You’ll have a solid foundation to try new things, uncover new possibilities, challenge yourself, and grow your career. Does this sound like somewhere you’d like to be?
Wolseley Canada is the leading wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial products in the country and working here means, a network of possibilities, a place you are valued and a higher standard.
Join the Pros!
Every member of our warehouse team is an integral part of our business. They ensure every order is staged and delivered to our customers in a timely manner while helping maintain our Warehousing cleanliness and inventory.
What’s in it for you?
- Full health care benefits starting day one.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package.
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- Responsible for transporting material to and from customer sites and other local locations.
- Obtain necessary shipping documentation related to the assigned route.
- Load items and orders into truck while adhering to a sometimes tight to delivery schedule.
- Consolidate items and skids to maximize space in the trailer using a forklift or pump truck to load material.
- Strap and/or secure material so that there is no damage or breakage to the material during transport.
- Deliver orders to customers’ facilities, construction sites other branches or warehouses using the most effective itinerary or assigned itinerary.
- Unload products according to the destination’s applicable rules.
- Responsible for obtaining a signature of acknowledgment of delivery
- Warehouse tasks as needed
What will you bring:
- Valid G license required.
- Clean driver’s abstract is required. (No traffic tickets, no points, and no “at-fault” accidents within the last 3 years)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Must be dependable and reliable and willing to take initiative
- Able to regularly lift up to fifty (50lbs) pounds
- Forklift certified or ability to be certified
- WHMIS and TDG certification would be an asset
- Certification for Transportation of Dangerous Goods considered an asset
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months if other new and exciting opportunities arise that match your skills and qualifications.
Please note: This position requires the result of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.