Job Position: Custodian/Janitor, Silvertip, BC
Company: Compass Group
Location: Watson Lake, YT
Custodian/Janitor, Silvertip, BC Job Details:
Location: Northern BC
Status: Full Time
Wage: $18/ Hour\
Benefits: Available after 6 month probationary period
- Housekeeping/Janitorial experience
- Drug & Alcohol Test
- Drivers License
Hours per day: 12 hours per day
Shift Rotation: 14 days on, 14 days off
Start Date: As soon as possible
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place where thousands of people rely on your team to bring out the best in their day. Join us and know you can make it happen by creating a home away from home for our clients. You can make every day more enjoyable simply by serving a nutritious meal, or ensuring a safe living environment, or creating recreational programs for their down time. No matter what role you play with us, it will be an important one.
Why work with ESS Support Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We work with clients in the oil and gas, mining, construction, coastal logging, military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, to coastal logging camps in B.C., to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands. Facilities are located within drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, pipeline camps, oil and gas installations and correctional facilities.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for keeping buildings clean and orderly, and performing heavy cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
As a Custodian/ Janitor, you will:
- Collect and dispose of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans
- Dust and damp mops floors following approved procedures
- Move equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement
- Clean assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment. Sanitize all surfaces.
- Wash walls, windows, furniture, baseboards, and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning; take initiative to complete the task
- Complete all tasks assigned by supervisor
- Strip, scrub, buff and refinish floors, shampoo carpet
- Previous housekeeping/custodian experience is an asset
- WHMIS and BSW Certifications an asset
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.