Job title: Controller
Expected salary: $90000 per year
Location: Ennis, TX
Controller Job Details:
The Controller will report to the Director Finance Americas Guardiar entities. Under limited oversight, and as a seasoned, experienced professional with full understanding of accounting principles, evaluates transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Responsible for the completion of balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. Identifies process problems and proposes improvements or course of action. Researches accounting literature.
- Supports the monthly accounting close process, calculates, reviews and processes journal entries, and ensures general ledger is complete, materially accurate, and closed timely and in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Maintains and reconciles fixed assets to the general ledger of the company.
- Responsible for sales and use tax including, but not limited to, preparation of returns, submissions, exemptions and related certificates, taxability analysis, and reconciliations.
- Inventory Management, tracking and reporting with focus on reducing slow-moving and obsolete stock and supporting periodic Inventory cycle counts and adjustments
- Reviewing and approving Costing of materials
- Daily cash management including agreeing terms with customers and suppliers
- Day to day supervision of general office management duties to include responsibility for utility contracts, office supplies and services etc
- Analyse variances (Material/Labour/Overheads) and communicate explanations to management with recommended actions to improve profitability
- Support and or participate on special projects. Leads projects of low complexity, developing project leadership skills.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure standardized monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed in accordance with policy
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the plant in accordance with GAAP and IFRS
- Assists on internal and external audits.
- Self -starting. Can succeed with limited supervision.
- High level of accountability. Sets realistic commitments and delivers on them.
- Driver; Initiates and pushes through issues quickly and pragmatically.
- Good influencing skills and great team player.
- Excellent Soft Skills
- Persistence is a must. The role requires a person who grows in the face of challenges.
- Agility and flexibility are required since the role will operate in a fast-paced, lean organization and rapidly changing environment.
- High level of personal integrity and ethical standards.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A solid foundation as obtained through +5 years progressively responsible experience in an accounting department of a manufacturing company.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in OneStream preferred, HFM at a minimum.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ennis, TX
Apply for the job now!