Job Position: Construction Manager – Maintenance and Turnaround
Company: Jardeg Construction Services
Location: Red Deer, AB
Construction Manager – Maintenance and Turnaround Job Details:
Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Maintenance and Turnaround division and build innovative projects in the oil, gas, petrochemical, renewable energy, power, mining, forestry, underground, heavy construction, maintenance, turnarounds and sustaining capital sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Construction Manager is accountable for providing overall planning, leadership, coordination, and management for the site The successful candidate will be an experienced builder with business unit portfolio and client focus, and is responsible for managing all aspects of several projects, ensuring timely completion and profitability for all projects and maintaining and improving long-term stakeholder relationships, while managing and mentoring project delivery team members. The successful candidate is fully proficient with the technical, leadership, and communication skills required to successfully complete a project / multiple projects from estimate to close-out with full autonomy. As an experienced professional, the incumbent is a key operations team member whose reports and opinions influence executive and project-steering committee decisions and is expected to take part in external events and communications, maintaining and improving Graham’s reputation and actively demonstrating and advocating company values.
As a Construction Manager at Graham, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the major maintenance and capital team to develop project budgets while applying expertise to ensure proper project planning, scheduling, staffing, cost control, and management are in place.
- Oversee the project administration and daily operations.
- Monitor and control project activities through value-added communication to on-site supervision to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risk.
- Oversee the change-management process, including identifying change events and risk, submitting change notices, pricing, and tracking change work and impacts, facilitating optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with the client.
- Ensure Field Supervision is effectively planning their work and carrying out their plans.
- Participate in and lead weekly scheduling meetings.
- Generate and present concise and accurate status reports for the client, detailing the status of the project and recommending actions to be taken.
- Monitor and ensure field labor execution teams are appropriately sized and monitored against the budget.
- Understand the project schedule and manage field operations to achieve the schedule in the most cost-effective manner and monitor costs, and budgets throughout the project lifecycle, to ensure that the work remains on plan.
- Ensure quality in all work for the client and maintain contact with the client managing expectations as appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity in support of the company, its values, and its employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting or exceeding customer requirements and expectations, serving as a trusted representative of the company.
- Lead, promote, and maintain a positive safety culture within the team, without compromise. Emphasize the project goals for safety to field supervision and ensure safety rules are effectively enforced and communicated by field supervisors. Review, approve, and close out all incidents to support Continuous Improvement processes and feedback for the HSE MS.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all discipline-specific field work and ensure that quality KPI data for the project is documented.
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Business, or Journeyman Trade Certification or a related designation is preferred.
- 8+ years of direct construction experience.
- Previous experience working in live plant environment
- Superior technical proficiency in project KPIs and the core areas of Builders Knowledge, Estimating, Field Management, and Project Management.
- Superior technical proficiency in estimate preparation, forecasting, pricing, risk / claim management, contract management, profit and loss responsibility, scheduling, and quality.
- Ability to make recommendations, take action, and make reliable and proactive decisions based on technical proficiency.
- Experience and acumen required to anticipate client requirements and work proactively regarding risk and claim management, and ability to work with full autonomy.
- Proven relationship-building and business-development skills.
- Ability to minimize risk and enhance Graham’s reputation when dealing with key stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency using scheduling and project management software. Primavera is an asset
- Proficiency with OH&S regulations and legislation.
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
As Graham’s trusted recruitment partner, Jardeg aids in the hiring of skilled professionals who play a crucial role in the success of Graham’s Buildings, Industrial, Infrastructure, Water, Development, Maintenance and Turnaround projects across Canada.
The Graham Advantage
- We are one of North America’s largest General Contractors
- Graham is 100% employee owned
- We champion development of our employees, including having accredited PMP and Gold Seal training available in-house
- We have a balanced portfolio of exciting, challenging, and career-defining
Build Your Career!
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Construction Manager – Maintenance and Turnaround Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Construction Manager – Maintenance and Turnaround Vacancies in Canada.