Job Position: CNC/Manual Machinist
Location: Elmira, ON
CNC/Manual Machinist Job Details:
If you are an experienced CNC/Manual Machinist looking for a great opportunity to utilize and grow your skill, Emerson-Appleton Group Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a CNC/ Manual Machinist to join our team. This is an hourly, full-time permanent role. The standard hours of operation for this position are Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We offer benefits after 3 months of employment and DCPP after 6 months of employment. We have an on-site gym and free coffee.
Based in our Elmira, ON location, reporting to the Electrical Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for daily tasks of operating all shop machinery including CNC Horizontal Center, CNC Vertical Mill and manual machining equipment for daily production parts. You will also support tools/fixtures and sampling/prototypes fabrication, assist with new product development, and sustain maintenance of the CNC and other factory equipment.
AS A CNC/ MANUAL MACHINIST YOU WILL:
- Perform all duties related to daily part production by: set-up tools and machines; review tool cutter paths, work holding and measuring; adjust speed and feed to suit cutting conditions; analyze deviations from specifications/tolerances; study sample parts; measure first-off; adjust offsets; blueprint reading and GD&T and CMM reports; load work pieces; operate machine controls; programming data editing, control, and validation; perform root cause analysis and inspect parts to ensure meet specifications and customer requirements.
- Work towards manufacturing deadlines as per daily planning, scheduling, and priorities, taking the initiative and reacting proactively to production demands.
- Organize machine drawings; conduct tooling life analysis; prepare a detailed plan for all tooling required for production, acquisition, and maintenance; maintain tool room inventory.
- Maintain an organized work area; develop SOP’s, maintenance, set-up and calibration procedures, and machining work instructions; analyze machining manufacturing flows, layout and equipment, and flow of materials to increase safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost.
- Ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation to ensure equipment safety and compliance.
- Provide feedback as related to part manufacturability, assembly, new product development and design reviews; lead continuous improvement and process optimization/automation, related to machined parts and fixture/tooling applications.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned by the Electrical Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
You set objectives to align with broader organizational goals; anticipate and break down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. You follow through on commitments and make sure others do the same; you take personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results and act with a clear sense of ownership. You partner with others to get work done. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times and readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and create the processes necessary to get work done and seek ways to improve processes. You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Trade certification as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker with 7-10 years’ hands-on experience on both CNC and manual machining.
- Strong working knowledge of G-Code, CAD/CAM programming, Mastercam software
- Excellent ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, blueprints, bills of materials, and GD&T combined with quality assurance and control experience.
- In depth knowledge of component design, fabrication methods, manufacturing, measuring, assembly and ISO9001.
- Demonstrated ability to design/fabricate prototypes, fixtures, and other tooling/equipment applications.
- Experience with measuring tools and testing equipment.
- Have a strong work ethic combined with solid problem-solving, excellent organizational skills, and positive team attitude, ensuring attention to details.
- Be self-directed with excellent abilities to work in a fast-paced, multitask, and deadline driven environment, time management, good troubleshooting & organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Have a sense of urgency in executing tasks combined with excellent analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills, energetic, detail oriented and able to complete work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate high interpersonal and facilitation skills in a team environment with ability to work effectively across functional lines in a matrixed environment.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication with good presentation skills with the ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision and guidance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years CNC experience to program, setup, and troubleshoot CNC Horizontal Machining Center and CNC Vertical Milling Machine. MAZAK HCN-4000 an asset.
- Willingness to learn. For the chosen candidate, we will provide training for the MAZAK HCN-4000 Horizontal Machining Center and HAAS VM-6 Milling Machine.
- Solid experience with quality management processes, production design engineering, and suppliers to provide components and assemblies that meet or exceed specified machining QMS requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office 365 suite, AutoCAD, SharePoint, Oracle (ERP), Microsoft Excel.