Job title: CHEF MANAGER – K12 SCHOOLS – BATESVILLE, MS
Company: Compass Group
Location: Batesville, MS
CHEF MANAGER – K12 SCHOOLS – BATESVILLE, MS Job Details:
Position Title: EXECUTIVE CHEF II – K12 SCHOOLS – BATESVILLE, MS
Chartwells K12’s goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more information, visit .
This individual will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations, directing the preparation of meals in accordance with Chartwells K-12 standards as well as the National School Lunch Program.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, and operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A.S. or equivalent experience managing culinary operations
- Three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Extensive catering experience is a plus
- High volume, complex food service operations experience – highly desirable
- ServSafe certified – highly desirable
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells K-12 maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Apply for the job now!