Job title: Cement Bulk Tank Driver
Company: Rahns – South Reading
Location: Reading, PA
Cement Bulk Tank Driver Job Details:
Rahns Concrete, a partner of the H&K Group, Inc., is looking for a Cement Bulk Tanker Driver based out of the South Reading, PA location. The primary task of the Bulk Tanker Driver is to transport cement from the cement mill to all Rahns Concrete locations and may also deliver precast as business needs fluctuate.
Why work for H&K Group, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work according to FMCSA and H&K Safety policies
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations and company policy
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions
- Loads and unloads truck
- Performs daily pre and post trip of vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Class A CDL
- Tanker Endorsement
- Two years of related experience or training
- Pneumatic tank experience
- Good driving record including no DUI within the last 5 years and minimal moving violations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to work nights and weekends, and be adaptable to start time and schedule based on business needs
- Problem solving
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution
- Experience working in a quarry, heavy civil construction, or other outdoor industrial setting
- Strong preference for cement transportation and manufacturing
- OSHA or other relevant safety certification
- Regularly required to
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to
- Stand, walk, or sit
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to
- Moving, mechanical parts
- Fumes and airborne particles
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly requires night and weekend work and a 60-hour work week during the busy season
- Noise level is usually loud
Rahns Concrete is a major supplier of ready-mix and precast concrete products to eastern Pennsylvania (PA) and the surrounding three-state (NY, NJ, and DE) region. Rahns currently operates eight permanent ready-mix concrete plants across eastern PA. Additionally, we own and operate portable ready-mix plants which can be set up anywhere throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region to provide on-site ready-mix products for large construction projects. Rahns also manufactures precast concrete products at its Rahns, PA location and produces all standard precast products. Rahns can also fabricate large custom precast structures for bridges, box culverts, and other complex civil structures.Our Rahns Construction Material Co. (RAHNS) South Reading facility was established in 2005. From our key location in South Reading, PA, we serve Berks, Chester, Montgomery and surrounding counties in eastern PA with high quality ready-mix concrete products.
The H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for over 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!
Apply for the job now!