Job Position: Casual Centre Cook
Company: Goodstart Early Learning
Expected salary: $30 – 33 per hour
Location: Wangaratta, VIC
Casual Centre Cook Job Details:
Role: Casual Centre Cook
Centre: Goodstart Wangratta Williams Road
Employment Type: Casual
Pay: $30 – $33 per hour, based on experience
- Delight little customers with big appetites – provide delicious meals and influence the nutritional outcomes of Australian children
- Get the flexibility and support you need to live a balanced life
- Competitive pay + 50% discount on your childcare gap fees
Are you looking for a chance to bring your culinary skills to a place where you’ll make a real difference, and be valued for what you do every day?
As a Casual Centre Cook, you’ll plan nutritious meals and snacks to meet the dietary needs of every child in your centre. Your little customers will greet you with enthusiasm each day and will truly appreciate your work.
In this role, you will:
- Support the health and wellbeing of children through planning and preparing nutritious food
- Ensure the safety of children by preparing meals to account for special dietary requirements and allergies
- Use your creativity and organisational skills to plan the menu and order food supplies in consultation with the Centre Director
- Maintain high standards of food safety by ensuring all storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks is hygienic
About Goodstart Wangaratta – Williams Road:
We’re a 95-space centre, open from 6.30am – 6.30pm. Goodstart Early Learning Wangaratta – Williams Road offers warm and friendly staff, an inclusive culture, great facilities and high-quality care and education, with a strong focus on families, and the local community.
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Better pay – you’ll get at least 21% casual leave loading allowance
- Supportive and friendly team with head office support and excellent resources
- Comprehensive induction and training program
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or experience cooking within a childcare setting
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Have a question? Contact Ange Cummings in our Talent Acquisition Team on 03 9648 9813 or via email
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We’re an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We know that Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We’re also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
Safety is our priority and we will take any action necessary to ensure that all children can feel safe and be safe, and are safeguarded from abuse, neglect and harm. As a Child Safe Organisation, all of our candidates must have or obtain a valid working with children check.
Posting Notes: WANGARATTA || VIC || Australia (AU) || | || No Early Childhood Qualification || Casual